Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

I have wanted to do a Pro-Touring car for a bit. When I found a 1977 Camaro that already had Wilwood disc brakes, Global West control arms, Hotchkiss springs and bars, Bilstein shocks and a Richmond 6 speed with a 406 small block with AFR heads, I knew it could be the basis for what I wanted.

For the past four months, I have had the interior gutted doing minor repairs and some upgrades. Vintage Air is a must for NC summer weather. That led to a Billet Specialties front runner kit. I tidied up the engine bay, installed a pair of Pro-Scat Rally seats, an Eckler console, Auto Meter gauges, FAST dual A/F Gauge, new sound system and some additional sound deadener. New Hooker headers went on today and it is ready to go (at least until something new develops)!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro!!..good looking ride!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to TC Jerry. Nice Camaro. Check out our Pro Touring section.
ps. want to trade homes for the winter ? :yes:
Thanks and NO!!!

I am originally from northern Indiana and there is a reason I live in NC!! SNOW!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the car back from the body shop last Friday. We deleted the body side mouldings and the lower chrome mouldings. I also had the bumpers painted body color, blacked out the headlight trim, and removed the brushed aluminum rear panel. The very bottom of the right front fender had rust and needed a repair piece welded in. The only other rust area was some bubbling up on the bottom of the driver's door that was three pinholes. Very minor. The lower valance under the rear bumper had been smashed in at some point so it was repaired. We also painted the inner fender liners and the cowl area just below the windshield.

After getting the car back, my son came over Saturday and we cut the front coil springs to get the stance I was looking for. Since I already had the Wilwood 4 piston front calipers, I asked Wilwood what would be needed to upgrade to 6 piston calipers. Turns out it was a bolt on as both calipers use the same mounting points. Needless to say, they were also installed Saturday. Tuesday I had the front end alignment done.

http://s188.photobucket.com/albums/z...20Camaro LT/

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Jerry.
As you, being from the Midwest, Iowa, milder climate here, but way more humidity.
Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi Jerry, its a small world huh, I know your car because I live in Rockwell myself, I remember someone telling me about your car last summer at the Sonic Thurday cruise-in when you bought it. I believe I saw it just a couple of days ago on Hwy 52 in Granite Quarry, welcome to the south by the way. Still having a hard time believing that someone else is on TC from my small 3 stoplight town.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to TC. Until 3 years ago I had a 75 400, M21, 12 Bolt, street machine. I had for for 18 years and did a frame off in 1993. It was wicked fast but too much for the street so I sold it to buy a little milder car (69 Corvette roadster). I still like the big bumper cars. The hardest parts to find for those cars are perfect bumpers. I stripped mine, polished them and had them clear coated. Enjoy your 77!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Jerry, its a small world huh, I know your car because I live in Rockwell myself, I remember someone telling me about your car last summer at the Sonic Thurday cruise-in when you bought it. I believe I saw it just a couple of days ago on Hwy 52 in Granite Quarry, welcome to the south by the way. Still having a hard time believing that someone else is on TC from my small 3 stoplight town.
We'll have to hook up. I was at the Sonic Thursday evening but only five cars showed up. Still a little early. I did have the car at the cruise in last summer right after I bought it and before I did all of the work. I'm sure I'll see you some time this summer. What do you drive?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to TC. Until 3 years ago I had a 75 400, M21, 12 Bolt, street machine. I had for for 18 years and did a frame off in 1993. It was wicked fast but too much for the street so I sold it to buy a little milder car (69 Corvette roadster). I still like the big bumper cars. The hardest parts to find for those cars are perfect bumpers. I stripped mine, polished them and had them clear coated. Enjoy your 77!!!!
I hear you on the bumpers. There weren't terrible, but they did need to be refinished. Since I wanted to try the body color look, the choice on how to refinish them was easy.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We'll have to hook up. I was at the Sonic Thursday evening but only five cars showed up. Still a little early. I did have the car at the cruise in last summer right after I bought it and before I did all of the work. I'm sure I'll see you some time this summer. What do you drive?
Jerry, I have a 69 Camaro RSSS, I am doing quite a few winter projects on it right now getting it ready for spring and summer. From the the pics, it looks like you might live in Huntington Ridge?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jerry, I have a 69 Camaro RSSS, I am doing quite a few winter projects on it right now getting it ready for spring and summer. From the the pics, it looks like you might live in Huntington Ridge?
That's where I live. How is it going on your car?

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's where I live. How is it going on your car?
Going slow but working real hard on my winter projects, I live about 2 minutes from you, I know where you live because I have many friends who live there and I am a licensed general contractor and I have built some of those homes in Huntington Ridge.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Going slow but working real hard on my winter projects, I live about 2 minutes from you, I know where you live because I have many friends who live there and I am a licensed general contractor and I have built some of those homes in Huntington Ridge.
You probably know my next door neighbor, Tom Rollins and maybe Reese Hoyt.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts