Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Josh. I live in Sussex County (Northern New Jersey). I'm probably pretty young (22) compared to some of you guys but I'm learning and always welcome advice.

Always loved Camaros/Trans Ams; heck I'd sum it up GM in general.

Owned at least half a dozen camaros & trans ams ranging from 84-95 from 305-468ci. All were stock when I bought them.

Daily drive a 94 z28 (auto with bolt ons).

My most recent project was a 1993 single cab short bed S10 that I finished 2 weeks ago... might be faster than any of the cars I've owned lol. Literally just got done building a 350 with vortec heads, 224/230 .502"/.510" 110 LSA and put 13 miles on it before I decided to pull the motor out to put into my brother's 92 Camaro RS (in exchange I recieved a stroker block, 383 assembly and a new set of Trick Flow 23* 195cc heads).

I've always dreamed of owning a 1969 Camaro but never seriously considered buying one (and defiantly didn't think I had the cash). Two nights ago I found one on craigslist in my price range and I figured it was going to be a complete pile of junk and require fabrication beyond my skill level... I was wrong. Even has a descent small block (gear driven 355, dart heads, mild flat tappet cam; god only knows why its got a victor jr on it). I saw timeslips for 12.8 at 108 MPH.

Car needs some minor body work/hinges/pins/trim/paint. Interior is just a dash, door & sail panels, ratchet shifter and two racing seats and nothing else (not even a radio, speakers, carpet, etc). 10 bolt posi 4.10, slapper bars & sub frame connectors. Fuel cell, electric fuel pump, manual steering rack. New floor pans, rear quarters (although the previous owner had a gun go off and hit the passenger quarter), rocker panels and a fiberglass front end.

As of last night I am the new owner of a 1969 Camaro :beers:

Oh and I do have plans for the 383 and a TH350 (2,500 rated stall) to go into this in the future.

Edit:
My buddys own a 65 2 dr Nova and a 71 chevelle. They are both at about this stage in the build... think I'm on top now lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I understand this thing isn't as nice as most of the 1st gens on here but it's all I could afford and I'm damn proud of that. Can't think of anybody around here anywhere near my age who owns a 1st generation camaro.
It has potential and I'm very excited to start working on it.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome to TC Josh.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome aboard Josh. I'm not to far from you in Warren County and own a '68 RS/SS. If you would like to get together some time, just PM me and we can exchange info.

·
Registered
230 Posts
:thumbsup:Congrats on your 69 purchase & welcome to Team Camaro ! When you get your car done, be sure to visit the "Cops & Rodders" thurs. cruise nites in Hackettstown NJ !

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro.My first car when I lived in Bridgewater NJ was a 1969 SS396 4 Speed 410 12 Bolt Camaro that had a Corvette 427 11 to 1 Motor back in the Spring of 1974.Good choice 1969 Camaros rock!.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again guys. Ordered the things that really need attention ASAP that he never got around to. Soon I'll be wrenching on it all night and through the winter night's (pending it isn't snowing).

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I understand this thing isn't as nice as most of the 1st gens on here but it's all I could afford and I'm damn proud of that.
Great find Josh! Welcome to the site and keep the pictures coming! I love those kinds of scores because with some simple acts of taste that car can completely become great again!

The beauty of the car is that there are some parts that are desirable to drag racing owners to help offset the cost of the parts you will be replacing them with. You are in a great area to sell them due to population and location so this should be a fun transformation for sure!

Let me know if you have any questions on suspension for any of the Camaros you or your brother have.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts