Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i am new here but not new to camaros. currently working on my high school car.i have a 69 ss that i bought in 1977.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Hi,
Welcome to the group. I am in NE Ohio.
Hope to help along the way. Pics are important here.
Looking forward to your thread!
Regards,
Ron

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hey Chris - Welcome to TC. You working on general maintenance on your 69 or a restoration?

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Welcome, Chris, from maybe not too far from you.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome Neighbor, what part of Ohio are you in?

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
hello and welcome, i'm from nw ohio, i have my first car to 67 rs/ss bought it 78, finished my build last year, 34 year project there alot of great info on this site and alot of great minds, good luck with your build

thanks tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks everyone for the welcome. i am from sw ohio. east of cincinnati. i have had a bunch of different cars between when i bought my car till now. didn't touch it at all for 30 years. funny how time flies. now i am restoring it from the body out. currently working on front subframe. sandblasted and heading to powdercoaters soon. i am not very good with pics. i will try. tell me the easy way. i love these cars!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I'm about 45 minutes WNW of Cincy. I had my sub frame powder coated along with all it's related components. I'm not sure how "original" you are wanting it to look, but from the factory, all the steering linkages were bare cast iron, including the spindles and steering arms. Eastwood has/had a powder for that. I don't remember what it is called off the top of my head, but I can find out if you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
good evening guys. the look i am after with my car is as close to original as possible. that being said, i am powdercoating my subframe. todays technology can't be beaten. i will use correct colors and shines where possible. i have painted all if my tie rod ends with a 2k cast iron appearing paint in an attempt to look like bare steel and prevent rust. i need to know what finishes were on bolt heads. brake line bolts, ground strap bolts, control arm bolts and washers and the like. thanks for your opinions in advance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts