Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to do a little intro as I just joined this board. I am a retired Industrial Arts teacher and now I drive a school bus twice a day. In between the school bus runs I build hot rods of all kinds but mostly street rods. I am the crew chief for the #974 1953 Studebaker that set a new B/BGCC coupe record at the Bonneville Salt Flats last August. Our site with info on the car is at http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/bvillecar/bonneville-Index.html

I drive a chopped 1948 Chevrolet pickup with the license plate WZ JUNK (was junk) I am building a 1954 Chevrolet car for my wife and I just finished a red 1932 Ford roadster that I built to sell. I have been fortunate to have built and owned several hot rods.

I am converting a 1968 Camaro from a drag car to a pro street car for a young man that lives near me. I just finished rewiring it but I can not figure out the right combination for the three wires that hook to the windshield wiper motor. I have a yellow wire and dark blue wire to a common female connector. A yellow wire and a light blue wire to a common female connector. And a black wire to a female connector. I have three spade or male connectors on the motor but I have no idea of the order that they attach. The wiper motor has not been used in some time and it was not wired when the car came to my shop. I would sure appreciate a little help.

John

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Welcome aboard, John......you might want to make a post in the "electrical" forum with a link to this thread for more help. :yes: The wiring guru's may not look in here and see your question.....:noway:

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Glad to have you aboard John. :waving:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
John, I thoroughly enjoyed your web site and links. Just love the '53 Stude. Anything to do with Booneville has always facinated me. Congradulations on the record. And welcome to Team Camaro. Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to figure this out using information from this board. The yellow wire goes to the top lug, next the light blue and the black on the bottom. The system works by switching on the ground side of the circuit. My switch is faulty and that made the whole troubleshooting process a lot harder. In addition I had misread the wiring diagram and I had the wires joined where they should not be joined. Thanks for all the help.

Sometimes it is the simple things that drives you nuts.

John

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
Hi John,
Welcome aboard. My 68 Camaro was a wiring nightmare. My Dad received the Camaro when he came home from Vietnam as a gift from my Grandfather. Ever since the car was new, it always had an electrical problem of some sort. When I got the car, I scrapped the original wiring with the exception of the Dash Harness which was redone by American Autowire. I purchased all harnesses from them and all fit exactly as original. Hope the link helps. http://www.americanautowire.com/
Tory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts