Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,my name is Chris I live in Odessa Tx and am a new member on your forum.I have purchased a 67 camaro that was backhalved many years ago and I want to redo it as the job was not very nice although it works.I am thinking of just putting a newer nice ladderbar setup in it unless there are some other nice kits designed for street use that I dont no about,I have always raced latemodel mustangs and had a prostreet 68 camaro 3 years ago but just drove it as it was pretty nice.Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to make this car back into a nice BUT FAST street car with good street manors,Thanks Chris

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Hi Chris. Welcome to Team Camaro!
Yeah you have a track right down the street from you at Midland. Must be nice. I was in Midland not long ago for a couple days on business.

Hey, anybody ever told y'all it's butt-ugly down there? :D Graveyard of the oilfield doesn't paint a bleak enough picture.
Damnice hard workin folks though.

Did I rile ya?:D

Hell, I live in a butt-ugly place too but I love it. I like butt-ugly places and butt-ugly girls. Heck you get driving around down your part of the world and you come to have a deep understanding of the phrase 'wandering about the face of the earth". That's how I feel when I'm there anyway, it's like there is a proximity you don't get in too many other places. It just feels closer, boundless and limitless and accessible. And no stinkin trees obscuring your view. I've had enough trees in the jungles and mountains to last a lifetime, don't need too many any more. Or rain, had enough rain in 1 day in the Gulf of Mexico to last the rest of my life don't need anymore.

WTF was I? Welcome! And you will get better response to your questions if you post them in the appropriate section. Like your backhalfing would fit in Chassis or something maybe Suspension hell Idunno(one of those areas I just stay away from cuz I don't know squat about and don't want to interfere with legitimate business). Give yourself some time and look around you'll get the hang of the joint. Helluva lot of knowledge here. Me, Idunno squat about backhalving ... I paid my buddies to do mine. There's some welding dudes in your country.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is nice to have a track in midland but its only 1/8 mile:sad:,hopefully they will be opening our 1/4 mile back up pretty soon :hurray:
You dont have to tell me its butt-ugly down here I no:D but I"ll have to say I"m sorry you like butt-ugly women to but I guess to each his own lol:thumbsup:
It is a vast open flat land down here in my neck of the woods but with oil feild stuff everywhere but I like it cause we dont have long or real bad winters and its warm most of te time which gives me plenty of time to work on my cars:yes:.I do wish we had some more trees though but o well.I will post in the other forums as well and I have talked to some others on here and been reading quite a few posts to try and learn as much as possible before I get started on this project which is coming real soon.Thanks for the invite and any future info you may have on these cars or my problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts