Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally converted from the classic Mustang dark side. Proud new owner of a '67 SS/RS 468 big block car that I purchased last weekend. Putting the finishing touches on her and will have some questions and look forward to input from anyone and everyone.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Don. Any pictures of your new ride? :)

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Glad you finally wised up!

Now show some pics! Include the engine please. I want to drool a bit...

Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
once I figure out how i will post some pics...a few stats to start?? 468ci/500 hp car that started its life as a 350 SS/RS. The guy before me sold the 396 that was in it to someone who was building a period correct Chevelle because he wanted bigger. 10.5/1 compression, Holley 750 double pumper, Holley black fuel pump, M22 close ratio tranny, 331 12 bolt posi rear. Plenty of torque and drives like a dream on the freeway. The car is mini tubeed in the rear with 12" wide polished billet Racelines nicely tucked in on sticky Nittos. 8" Racelines up front with a nice tuck to them. pro touring suspension by TCI coilovers on all four corners and tubular upper and lower A arms up front. 13" slotted and drilled CPP discs up frnt and 12" in back. Interior has just been all redone to include headliner, doors, kick panels and dash. A few tweaks along the way here as i need to replace the original gauge panel. Power steering is adequate but will replace that eventually too with an Ididit tilt column and GM power rack and pinion I believe. Finally the paint...3 coats of PPG water born Black with 3 heavy coats of clear and a silver bumble bee nose stripe up front...flawless body and paint...that really hooked me! Ok now how the hell do i post pics??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok figurng it out on the photos...mine are too big will work to resize....then post!

·
14,293 Posts
ok figurng it out on the photos...mine are too big will work to resize....then post!
Use a 3rd party host like photobucket and post the img code.

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Needs a brake booster... With that much power you need to be able to stop fast.

I'd move that one up the list of needs if I were you.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks other coast man!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Use a 3rd party host like photobucket and post the img code.
Good idea or upgrade to Gold Lifetime and its a piece of c ake! LOL

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Brakes seem to be good although will take that into consideration...

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I posted photos in the Member Ride section this morning

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

To further this discussion on the brakes it has a CPP big brake kit on it...13" cross drilled gas slotted and zinc washed rotor up front mounted to a 2024 T6 billet aluminum CNC machined anodized hub and PBR C15 caliper that attaches with their custom caliper mounting brackets. Twin 52mm pistons and bigger brake pad surface create about 60% more stopping power than the C5 calipers. rear is their 12" rotor and Lincoln caliper. Their master cylinder and proportioning valve kit round things out along with bearings, seals etc. Its a nice all inclusive kit and looks sharp on the car. Chrome sealed master cylinder inside the engine compartment is a nice touch too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts