Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there...

My father factory ordered a 69 Camaro back in the day and ended up selling it off when he got married. When I was 18 we tried tracking it down and ended up finding it totaled. We ended up purchasing another 69 Camaro.

Well, 10 years later, my dad has since passed away and I neglected my Camaro while I was in college and having kids. It had a hard winter up here in Bellingham, WA and moisture molded the inside pretty good and the front and back windows are rusted.

With hardly any room to work (and outside) and thinking it wouldn't be that hard I have started to tear down my Camaro to start restoring it. Well I am in way over my head. I am a software engineer and I guess I am mechanically challenged.

I am overwhelmed with the feeling that I will never get it going again. I know I will, but just not sure what to do, where to start, etc.

So I will be using this site heavily. :)

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
pull it down to bare metal. then get it bead blasted, glass blasted whichever. then you know what you are working with.

Let me tell you, I am not the smartest bulb in the socket. I worked on my cars and got them all going. I came from a family who constantly challenged me telling me to sell them old cars. they aint worth nothin.
Then I show up at the rock n rumble cruise and win all the trophys. they say whered did you get your car? where was it built?....no no no I say. I built it.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro.

I have the same problem. The one best thing I have learned is to find a few other Camaro lovers in the area and assign days as "Work on the car day" . I really helps things move along.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts