Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all..

Love the site and all the info. Been lurking on the site for a while and think this is where I belong, i share the sickness as the rest of you.
I've had the car her since 85... Drove the car for about 10 years and put it in grandpas garage. Gone through good times & bad but was able to hold on to her with grandpas help. Well he gone now, and it' time we put the pieces back together.

View attachment 85121

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Thomas - Welcome to Team Camaro. Always nice to see another member with a long term relationship with their Camaro. Like your Grandpa for me it was my Uncle Henry. After his death I let my girl sit in my garage for almost 20 years. So like so many here we have all driven the road you are about to undertake.

What are the projects you are planning to get her back on the road?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the kind words Brian, plans are to get back to original state as possible. As of what I actually have now is x11,two fuel lines, front disk,4 speed (m20) with 12 bolt (331).
Non matching motor....plans are to acquire 69 350 block and heads. One more dilemma...
Have two holes in firewall above heater core. Been researching and think I may have dealer installed AC on non-AC car..holes are clean, have found pic on net but need to research a little more.

Best
Thomas

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
I take it your engine bay is naked of any A/C components? If the interior is original there would be evidence of the dealer added under the dash across the front lip as this is where the unit was hung. I assume that also means no console around the floor shifter as the dealer installed units took up most of that real estate. Have any pictures of the areas in question?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car had no Consol at time of purchase...and...Of corse, I had to have one. Here's a pic of fire wall.

image.jpg

Found some pic on net last night. Showed under dash AC unit with Console and with out. Not sure if unit with console was an dealer OME unit, but it did share the same firewall holes that I have. In pictures that I found ...the Compressor is in two different places. One pic has Compressor mounted in front of block, other has it in Driver side. Also was able to find a OME Mounting kit that showed it placed in front of motor.

·
19,901 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:

I have 2 holes in my passenger floor board up near heater box very similar (was a 6 banger from the factory)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts