Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 1967 camaro (hugger orange w/ white stripes) that has been kind of "hacked". I'm begining the process of fixing what needs to be fixed and unfortunately ALOT of what the other guy tried to fix (let's just say he liked to cut corners and I'm quite finiky!). So far I'm almost done w/ the painless wiring harness (got to iron out a couple bugs). Next I'm going to sound deaden the WHOLE inside of the car. I picked up a modern classic radio so I can put a bit of a stereo in it and hopefully enjoy it once the sound deadening is all done. I also have to fix the hack job that was an attempt at a disc brake conversion but I'll finish this after the interior is done. Fortunatly, aside from a few bad lines that I think can be tweeked, it looks like the body was done fairly decently. Quite a bit left out here as far as this project goes but thats the nuts and bolts of it anyhow. Glad I found this site, it's already helped quite a bit!!

·
In the 10's Moderator
19,783 Posts
Welcome to the site Matt. :beers:

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
X2 - welcome to the site. Sounds like you are building a nice driver. Unfortunately hacked seems to be a common phenomena with cars 40+ years old.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too embarasing for pics now but I'm taking pics as I go and will put them up later. Your 69 is AWSOME!! I know the color isnt year correct for 67 but I think it's the coolest color they had.

·
Premium Member
3,123 Posts
Not another finicky Matt! Seems like all Matts are finiky. BTW, my name is Matt and when you look up the word finicky in a dictionary you'll find a picture of me. :D Yes, the guy before me liked to cut corners as well....

Welcome to the site and I assure you'll love this place. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts