Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My name is Richard and I live in Ohio. I've seen many interesting and informative posts on your website and decided to join. I have five 69 Camaros. Yes, I like 69 Camaros a lot. I wanted a 69 Z-28 real bad when they were new. I had a full time job so I could afford the payments, but I was only 17 in 1969 and needed my fathers signature on the loan. He said that I would probably kill myself in it and refused to sign. I bought my first one in 1972. A Lemans Blue 396/325hp automatic SS. I was driving by a local Chevrolet dealer and saw tge car going thru their used car lot. A lady bought it new and had just traded it in on a new 1972 Monte Carlo. The car didn't even get to its parking space before I bought it for $1,895.00. I still have it to this day.
My other four are:
A survivor Z-28 with 26,000 miles on it. All matching numbers and 95% original Garnet red paint.
A survivor 396/375hp SS with 5,682 miles on it. 100% matching numbers with 100% original Fathom Green paint. It has a deluxe interior, console, and even a factory 8 track tape player (still works great). It even has the factory 8 track tape that came with the car and the ignition instructions still on the placard that slides over the sunvisor! It is a real time capsule. Still even has the original belts, hoses and plug wires. I bought it from the original owner here in Ohio. He was drafted into the Army 6 months after he bought the car and he ended up doing 20 years in it, mostly overseas. The car sat in his fathers heated garage most of that 20 years. I purchased it from him in 1990.
A Z-10 pace car RS/SS 350/300hp matching numbers 3 speed with console. (Supposedly the only one built that way) it's listed in the Camaro Pace Car book. It has factory air, deluxe interior, fold down rear seat, shoulder harnesses, am/fm blue light radio, and rosewood wheel. The original drivetrain is sitting in the garage. (A little too mild for me) It now has a 406 small block with a M-22 4 speed and 3:73 gears in it. It's my main cruising car on nice days. It looks stock, but sure doesn't run like it. Even the factory air still works.
Finally, I saved the best for last.
It's a COPO car with a 4 speed and a 4:10 gear. 100% correct matching numbers base car. No console, am radio, just plain let's get it on bad *** muscle car! It has 19,000 miles on it. I am the fourth owner. The car was originally sold here in Ohio. Next, it made its way to Louisville, Ky, then to Savannah, Ga. Before I purchased it from that owner. It is a factory paint delete car with the -- on the trim plate. It is supposedly one of only three known paint delete COPO cars ordered. It was originally ordered with 1969 Firebird Verdoro green paint. It now has 1969 Corvette Monza Red paint on it.
I'm looking forward to talking with some of you fellow members in the future.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome x5 to Team Camaro Richard. You have some pictures of your collection to motivate the members with? :D

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: New guy on the block pictures

I got a few pictures posted up on my album of four of the cars today. A couple of them are sideways. I'll edit them soon.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Very nice stable!
Just a plethora of knowledge on here, I'm still in kindergarden compared to most on here:) Very few days i'm not on here to live vicariously on all the beautiful metal to view us car guys call a hobby (passion)!

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Re: New guy on the block pictures

A couple of them are sideways. I'll edit them soon.
^^ For some reason, this made me expect pictures of your Camaros power sliding around a dirt road or race track...... then I saw your other posts and realised what you meant :D
Welcome to the forum Richard, you have an enviable collection of our favorite cars :beers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts