Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
My name is Jimmy. I live just outside the DC beltway in Kensington, Maryland. I'm new to camaro ownership and to TC. I've been reading posts for a while now and I have a lot to learn and a lot to do,
because the one thing I have learned is, your never done.:confused: But here is what I will be starting with. One of my best friends is moving to Austrailia in October and sold me the car he has owned for twenty five years. I couldn't be happier. Runs like a dream, but needs cosmetics. I will take it slow (I have to, I spent all the money just buying her) and rely on your guys' expertise along the way to make sure I don't do anything stupid. Anyway, a month ago I promised pics, so here they are. I'll try to make Carlisle if I can, and introduce myself.
:beers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
aint nothing wrong with that car. drive the heck out of it.

·
Registered
716 Posts
:thumbsup:Deep water Blue is like midnight in Summer!!!!:D Just a coooolllll breeze!! That's a fact, 67's do rule!

Enjoy that ride of yours!! If you want to spice it up just a bit, buy a set of repop RS Chrome, rocker molding and some 67 rally caps!!!

And please!!!! Do NOT add a spoiler!!!:noway:

Did you buddy have any docs???

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Very nice! I'd just drive the crap out of it and enjoy it...I agree I think I would add the spoiler and some 67 centers...and I really like the first gens with a front spoiler.You dont have to do too mich to the greatest of all Camaros and lets not forget the FIRST year...the beautiful,wing windowed...67,can you tell I'm a little biased?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Robert,
I should mention the RS option was added. When the previous owner bought the car twenty-five years ago, it had a beat 283 and raggy fenders so he replaced the motor with a 350 NOM and upgraded to a RS package including fenders, hide-aways, reverse and turns etc. I'm not disappointed that it doesn't follow the trim tag exactly, I think it looks cool. (by the way I posted a picture of the trim tag in the tag section of this forum). As Harley above suggests, I intend to drive it this season, make a list, check my wallet and then see what happens.

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Sweeet ride Jimmy! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Welcome to the team! Nice ride, now drive it like you stole it! Thats what they were made for! :) :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Really sweet ride. It looks like a car that you could just cruise for a couple of years without dumping a load of money into it. Enyoy the season with your vert.

I've got to add my 2 cents about the spoiler. You will regret the day that you drilled holes in an original GM trunk. Every flipping first gen seems to grow a spoiler. Wish that I hadn't done that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts