Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm a member of CRG and heard of this site from many duel posts and referrals.
Just getting my feet wet here and looking for any reference to usage of '69 AM/FM radios with U73 rear antennas, specifically if the stock AM wiring can be used and what if any alterations are needed to make this combo work. (signal booster, AM/FM wiring?) I also have the optional rear speaker so I'm wondering if switching to an original AM/FM period radio would be a quick swap and if the reception would suffer with a U73.

I have an aftermarket new AM/FM that works quite well with the U73 but would like to return to an original look and wonder if a '69 AM/FM could be made to work well before I spend big $$ on one. I've considered new repros but the price is way too high for my budget. Any thoughts on this combo or threads I should look to would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Al

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I have a thing for Rally Sports, had a '67 RS vert before my '69 coupe.

Dave C,
RPO U73 is the optional rear mount antenna my '69 came with. Getting this option limited the buyer to an AM radio only. I'm not sure why but can only guess because of poor reception (?) I was hoping to hear from someone with a rear mount antenna that tried to hook up a '69 AM/FM to it and what the results were. I'm thinking maybe a signal booster would help, if indeed that was the problem.

Al

1 - 8 of 8 Posts