Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just a quick hello. My name is Greg and I recently picked up a resto-modded 72 Camaro.

I'm not new to cars or Chevy's. Over the past 20-something years I've owned 2 Chevelles, a 67 Nova, and until recently a 68 Firebird but I've never owned a Camaro. After selling my 68 Firebird I decided to do an all out hunt for a Camaro. As much as I LOVE 1st Gen Camaro's I have to admit that they're all over the place and I wanted something a little different.

That's when I came across my current car. It's a 72 Camaro resto-mod. It has a 1970 396 that's been warmed over with mildly ported heads, roller rockers, Comp cam, Edelbrock intake, Holley 750 double pumper, and HEI ignition. The trans is a rebuilt Muncie M-21 that runs power back to a 12 bolt posi with 3:73 gears. The car runs strong. The horsepower estimate from the machine shop that built the motor is in the 425-450 HP range.

The rest of the car was finished nicely. It has subframe connectors, all new front and rear suspension with larger front and rear sway bars. It handles the road really well.

Some nice additions are ice cold Vintage A/C, tilt wheel, cowl hood, 17" polished Torque Thrust wheels with new Nitto tires, and a brand new paint job.

I love the car and I'm really enjoying taking it to local shows and cruises. It draws a of attention due to it's beautiful blue paint and the fact that it has a big block.

I'm looking forward to learning more about Camaro's as I absorb some knowledge on this site.

Here's my ride:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts