Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a 68 coupe and cant wait to get started. I have been into the 67-72 chevy truck scene for quite a while, but am totally new to the Camaro world. I have always wanted a first gen, but have had no luck finding a decent one to build. I drove hundreds of miles looking at different cars over the last couple years, and ended up finding one that is 6 miles from my house that was hidden behind a shop. It was a friend of a friend deal and I ended up getting the car dirt cheap. The car is 90% disassembled, but most of the parts are with it in boxes. It is a surprisingly solid car that will just need a few of the basics as far as sheet metal. Quarters, a rocker, and a few other small patches here and there. I have done enough rust repair to know there is always more hiding somewhere. But, compared to the other cars I looked at, this one is in great shape. I'm going to be asking a lot of questions I'm sure. I will post pics of the car once I get it home in a week or so.

·
Premium Member
1,976 Posts
Congrats and welcome

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
Welcome Jon, and good luck with your new project. Can't wait to see some pictures.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Ahhhhh.... the journey begins! Good luck with it and welcome to the site, Jon.

·
Super Moderator
32,892 Posts
Welcome, Jon, to your new journey
Correct year and reads like a good start.
As suggested, post pictures of your journey when convenient.

·
Premium Member
6,411 Posts
Sounds like a new build thread is coming...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! I went and got the car loaded up on the trailer tonight and should have it home by the weekend. It was more of a struggle than I expected since the steering box is completely frozen. We had to drop the pitman arm to get the wheels to turn. I took a picture of the cowl tag and the car was originally Lemans Blue with standard blue interior and buckets. It was built in Norwood during the 4th week of May 1968.

Is there any way to tell what engine and trans it came with? I'm guessing it was a column shift auto from what appears to be the original column.
Once its home, I'll take some pictures and see if I can figure out how to post them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts