Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just joined this chat room tonight. I have a 1978 Camaro with a 1971 fiberglass front end on it. It is strictly a race car. Has a 327 SBC with a TH 400 Trany with TCI trans brake and torque converter,373 gears and it running a 13.5 best ET so far down the 1/4 mile. We run club challenges and have been the champions of the Bronze cup for 4 years in a row. The team had several leave so this year we are moving down to copper cup and not doing very well. I have already posted a question so hope someone has some information on the subject. Thank for reading.
:beers:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
quote:Hi I just joined this chat room tonight

Welcome Sandman. I guess you could call us a chat room... kinda bugs me though cuz I think of a chat room as a place where little girls type out a bunch of crap that doesn't amount to squat though. But, right now in this very FORUM...everyone seems gaga over a chick with a cool dorg and a risque nom de plume so mebbe you're right. And that's cool, threads are slow right now anyhow may as well talk to a chick when she comes along. It's cool, chatroom, forum, cars, chicks, dorgs, it's all good:).

Why a 327? Some kind of rule or something or just had one around? Some kind of 13.5 rule? You could get half a second or more real easy w/ some 4.56 gears or maybe up in the 5's depends on tire OD. You need to let that little engine spin if you are committed to it.

quote:I have already posted a question so hope someone has some information on the subject. Thank for reading

This is the only thread you have going Sandman. What's your question?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have had several of gears. 456,411,390,373 (current) and it still runs the same time. Just put a transbrake in and having trouble with it right now. Hope to have it figured out soon. I just like this old engine which has been running since 1974 and still running just as strong. I put a 502 BBC in it and it ran just a little quicker 11.89-12.02. I put the SB back in to test out the transbrake and get used to it for now and will eventually go back to the BBC.

:(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The question I had is has anybody had a transbrake put in and then when you get up to about 5000 RPM have it act like you are applying the brakes at the same time? I pulled the trany back out and took it back to the shop that installed it and they said that it could be cross bleeding and trying to put it into two gears at the same time. Should know next week what the verdict is. TCI TRANSBRAKE AND TCI TORQUE converter all brand new!!!!

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I just like this old engine which has been running since 1974 and still running just as strong.
I certainly understand just liking an engine. Sorry Idunno a damthing about a brake except they drill a passage and have a solenoid that locks 1st and reverse in together. Try posting in our tranny FORUM maybe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts