Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bolted up a set of Summit's coated 1 5/8" long tubes and they fit GREAT!
I had Hedman 65003's and they were nice headers but I have straight plug heads so pipes 3 & 5 were right onto of the plugs with my AFR's. So...I picked up a set of these coated Summt 1 5/8" and they fit killer. Tons of clearence around the steering box and both are tucked up tight to the body.
And to top it off...$178 coated to the door! So if anyone with a smallblock and straight plug heads looking for a good fitting set of headers...here ya go.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
824 Posts
What is the part #?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
And the header ports match your AFR's ok? Good to hear about a set that fits. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Congrats 6D9!

I have a set of Summit's Ceramic coated 1&5/8" longtubes myself. The fit is very good with my stock heads. I have good stearing box clearance & I didn't have to beat or dimple the headers! I give em' a thumbs up too! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: New headers fit great!!!

Great timing. I just installed a set myself and ran it down to the muffler shop last Friday to have new collectors welded up (drove it down open header too, but that's another story).

I couldn't be more happy with the fit and look (especially for the low price). I am running them on a SBC with Edelbrock RPM heads and they fit even better than the Hooker comps they replaced. They clear all plugs (I'm running the straights), and there is plenty of room on the steering box. Only place room was tighter is by the oil filter. I think I'm running a Fram PH2.

They are Dynomax Cyclone headers, no doubt about it. Summit is selling them as their house brand for much less. Only problem I had was less room for the clutch return spring, but I fabricated a bracket & everything is working out great.

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
Just bolted up a set of Summit's coated 1 5/8" long tubes and they fit GREAT!
I had Hedman 65003's and they were nice headers but I have straight plug heads so pipes 3 & 5 were right onto of the plugs with my AFR's. So...I picked up a set of these caoted Summt 1 5/8" and they fit killer. Tons of clearence around the steering box and both are tucked up tight to the body.
And to top it off...$178 coated to the door! So if anyone with a smallblock and straight plug heads looking for a good fitting set of headers...here ya go.
Do you have the part number from the Summit catalog?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Do you have the part number from the Summit catalog?
SUM-G9001-9
HEADER CERAMIC COATED

I just installed these as well - for the money you can't beat them, they some casting blems but nothing that shows once bolted up and not affecting fit or performance.

·
Registered
3 Posts

THis doesn't have much to do with your headers, but I'm new to all this restoration thing and I've posted a question that I was wondering if you could take a look at.

It reads "Can someone help me with my pre oil problem?" and it's the one right after your post. If you get a chance or if someone else reads this that can look at it for me, I'd really appreciate it. It's my first car I've ever restored (or tried to). Thanks!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
.......and both are tucked up tight to the body.........
So the drivers side isn't closer to the ground than the passenger? Does it look like these would work with a lowered car?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

The part# is like posted below..SUM-G9001-9. As far as port match to the exhaust ports I did not check real close but it looks pretty good. I am planning on cutting off the 3 bolt collectors and welding on the Flowmaster ball&cone style. So..I will check how they look then. As far as ground clearence goes its great...my car is lowered 3" and it tucks up nice. The headers hang the same unlike Hookers.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts

Sounds great, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

. As far as ground clearence goes its great...my car is lowered 3" and it tucks up nice. The headers hang the same unlike Hookers.
With your car lowered 3", how much ground clearance do you have at the collector?

I was set on the Thorleys, but if these fit just as good, I'd save a bundle, since the Thorleys are $525.

A picture would be great! We'd love to see them?

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
"Current charges to your credit card are: $188.90"
$178.00 Headers and $10.90 Shipping.. Nice find ! You can't go wrong for that !
I asked because I was caught up in the Jeggs "Free Shipping" deal where they charge you $24.99 for Picking and Processing :( on a $100.00 part. I like Summit over Jeggs :thumbsup:

Kev

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts

Kev, I've rarely been charged a shipping cost from Summit...only when the carton gets a little big, like the headers, do they charge a small shipping cost. I've never seen a "picking/packing" charge from them. I've always been impressed when buying from Summit...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
535 Posts

Pictures to show ground clearance for us with lowered car would be great? Post them if you have them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well...I cut the 3 bolt collectors off today and plan to weld the new Flowmaster ones on in the morning. When I get everything installed I will try and get some pics up for you guys. I will also get measurments from the collector to the ground. Who can I e mail the pics too...??

1 - 20 of 54 Posts