Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw where Holley released a new product called the Holley Terminator X Stealth 4150. Price is much cheaper than the stealth but it looks like all the same stuff and is the stealth carb looking tbi is there with more tuning ability... $1500 versus $2200-2600.

Whats your thoughts on this??? I am close to pulling the trigger and ordering one for my big block....

Just released on 4/2/2020

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/terminator_x/terminator_x_and_x_max_stealth_4150/terminator_x_stealth_4150/parts/550-1003

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just spoke with Holley Tech and they informed me they both do the same thing. The main difference is the X stealth has a plastic cased ecu versus the aluminum die cast case of the original stealth.

he did say the stealth has better (higher quality) electronics in it as well...so I took that as meaning more expensive.

I am not sure Why they are having 2 competing systems that do the same thing with a huge price difference of $1000. The products will compete against each other.

I also see where they now have the carb looking tbi with the sniper systems... IMHO they should have dont all systems like the card look in the first place..

I think I am gonna buy the 550-1003 kit..new terminator X stealth 4150 series kit.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just put my pre order in with my dealer...

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm guessing that it was pretty easy for them to make the stealth TB work with the existing Terminator X platform that they released recently for LS motors. Plus if people are competing to buy one of two Holley products, Holley wins either way haha.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I came across this thread and wanted to post a comparison link on the Holley website that spells out all of the exact differences in a comparison chart:

https://www.holley.com/brands/holley_efi/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/terminator_x

Just scroll all the way to the bottom for the chart and keep in mind that the Terminator Stealth is an HP ECU. There are a LOT of differences.

according to Holley it is not the HP ecu....that one is aluminum cased...the terminator X stealth is a composite case ecu.

They keep pushing the release date back....UGGG...now it is 6/16/20

·
Registered
193 Posts
Think you misread my post. The Terminator Stealth is an HP ECU, which is metal, and I mentioned it so people know what column to look at. The Terminator X is yes, a composite case. We are both saying the same thing.

Reactions: drunderdog
1 - 8 of 8 Posts