Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my '67 to the F-body shootout at KCIR on Sat. Below is before/after suspension tweaks. Thanks to Dragfab for passing along some suspension suggestions.

Old launch pic 11/12/2006
850' DA
1.35 60 foot

New launch pic 3/10/2007
1600' DA
1.34 60 foot

·
Registered
295 Posts
:eek: If Im correct, theres only two wheels on the track:yes:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Garret glad to finally meet ya!:) You shure made me wish I had my car down to run ya.Maybe later this year.I know your car hooks as good with the leaf springs as mine with ladder bars MAYBE BETTER!:thumbsup: Glad you made it up. BIG MIKE this was a track rental day not on KCIR schedule.Its set up by Mo. F body twice a year March and Oct. limited to 100 cars.Run from noon till eight lots of nice cars from all over EVEN Ozark MO. Let me know when you are bringing your car out love to meet you too.Check out the f body site..

http://www.mofbody.com/~wonka83/forums/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=7488b42f67f1c524f3748e051387af91

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the compliments fellas.

Andy-Glad to meet you in person as well. You and I would be a good heads up race! I ended up winning the award for closest to 10.0 with a 10.005. I selected a T-shirt which reads: "My engine runs......N/A.....Naturally Asskicking".

Yesterday we had 1600' air, a headwind and then I later found today that the o-ring had squeezed out of my McClintic valve which mean't my vacuum pump was doing jack! I wondered where that 2 MPH I couldn't account for went!!! One of these days I'm gonna get a good DA day and a track with teeth on the same day! Hope to post up some other new bests later in the year.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pic 938 thru 942 captures most of the launch/landing. Eric did a fine job on the photography.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Nice job Garret! :D Nothings better than the look of a 1st gen with the pinion gear climbing up the ring gear . . . LOL

·
20,002 Posts
I would be happy with the before picture, but WOW :eek: the after is great. Way to go.
Looks like Brian may be getting a lot of e-mails for help :D

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
So, where did you find the extra .01+ in your set up ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts