Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options in turns of brand and price to replace my leaf springs on a 67 convert. I am looking for an upgrade to multileaf that basically swap out with new shackles etc.
Thanks from Baton Rouge

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey hericame, there's a few different options out there for you one is the JC whitney setup they have a couple different ones, one is a 3 leaf setup that you can just bolt right in using your factory perches on your rearend. im assuming that your 67 still has it's original mono leaf springs that it hasn't been set up allready for a multi leaf. they also have i believe a 4 and 5 leaf setup. if you wanted the 4 or 5 you'd have to change your perches on your rearend i believe to accomodate for a more multileaf leaf spring that's why i opted for the jcw 3 leaf set up in mine right now i do believe they are a stock height set up. when i bought them they were listed under nova and not the camaro not sure what years of nova i think 66-67 or something but were easy to put in and bolted right up with no modification to my perches or anything. here's a thread that might help you out just read through them and it'll help http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=141765&highlight=whitney+leaf+springs if you get stuck just do a search in the forums for this there is alot of posts that will help you out. Good luck man hope this helps. :beers:

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
I just put the JCW 3 leaves in. So new in fact, that I haven't even driven down the street yet. I plan to post about it with some before and after pics but it is very straightforward. All you need besides the springs is some U-Bolts to replace the T-bolts. The springs were about $165.

·
Premium Member
5,989 Posts
Tom does it sit up any higher or does it look factory height? i need them too in my 69
As of today, it's hard to tell where it's going to end up. I have only about 2 gal of gas in the tank. I'll take photos, fill tank, take more photos. Right now it kind of has a 70's look to it, which I like. Others have said it comes out factory or just slightly higher, so that's what I expect.

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
As of today, it's hard to tell where it's going to end up. I have only about 2 gal of gas in the tank. I'll take photos, fill tank, take more photos. Right now it kind of has a 70's look to it, which I like. Others have said it comes out factory or just slightly higher, so that's what I expect.
ok Tom thanks..yes take some pics if you can i'd like to see it

·
Vendor
974 Posts
We sell a lot of the Hotchkis leafs. We have found most cutomers are VERY happy with the ride quality and stance. The kit is VERY complete and you can run lowering blocks to get a little more drop if you want!

They come in 1.5" and 3" drops.

·
19,786 Posts
I did the JCWhitney 4 leafs...yes the rear is higher than my 40+ year old bent mono springs...but rides fine :yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts