Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a Strange lightweight Mopar style master cyclinder on my 67RS. I have been told Strange I need to run a 10lb residual valve to the rear drum brakes as well as an adjustable proportioning valve. I currently have 3/16 line to front and 1/4 line to rear tee over housing then it reduces back to 3/16. A local mechanic who works on a lot of street rods has installed about a half dozen of these on similar cars/systems and has not used any residual or proportioning valves. He said the brakes work great and I don't need all the add ons.

Will this work or do I follow Stranges instructions?

Thanks,

jj67cam

·
Registered
771 Posts
residual are needed mainly if the master is under the floor on a hotrod. Older cars had them stock anyway, but after 1968 they didn't use them much.
Rear prop helps keep the rears from locking when braking hard, so it depends on your overall setup.
CYA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, I ended up buying a 10lb residual valve for the rear drum brakes and an adjustable proportioning valve for the rear. My question is whether it matters what is installed first after the master cylinder. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

jj67cam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.