Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks first post to Team Camaro. I own a neglected :( 68 standard 327 coupe in need of attention. You all know how priorities go. I'm looking for some suggestions on reputable, reasonable repair shops in the Phoenix, Az area to help me get my 68 running. First priorities are engine, transmission, and brakes. Not looking to restore it but would love to have a weekend ride. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro Mike. Sorry I can't give you any info for Phoenix, I live in Tucson but I am new to Arizona anyway so I am of no help even if you lived here...LOL!!

Look up a member here JAYARTER I think is how it's spelled. He has been around Tucson I think most of his life and was in the auto repair business. He may know of places to help. The trip to Tucson is right about 100 miles. Worth the drive if knows people here.

Just how much work do you need done? Entire remanufacture/rebuild of the engine? Trans? What are goals with the brakes...what do they need?

You may want to consider putting these in new posts on the fourms for the best coverage and getting answers to the engine, trans and brake questions.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to Team Camaro Mike. Sorry I can't give you any info for Phoenix, I live in Tucson but I am new to Arizona anyway so I am of no help even if you lived here...LOL!!

Look up a member here JAYARTER I think is how it's spelled. He has been around Tucson I think most of his life and was in the auto repair business. He may know of places to help. The trip to Tucson is right about 100 miles. Worth the drive if knows people here.

Just how much work do you need done? Entire remanufacture/rebuild of the engine? Trans? What are goals with the brakes...what do they need?

You may want to consider putting these in new posts on the fourms for the best coverage and getting answers to the engine, trans and brake questions.
Joe, thanks for the lead. This is invaluable info. Looking forward to all the great advice and conversations.

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Joe, thanks for the lead. This is invaluable info. Looking forward to all the great advice and conversations.
If your ever coming south let me know via PM and I'll have cold one for ya and you check out my 67 project...shoot the bull and tell some lies...:D

You have to check out HotRods of Vail for some eats, it's resto shop and builder with a restaurant and bar in Tucson.

http://www.hotrodsoldvail.com/

·
Registered
726 Posts
Greetings from Tucson, Arizona
WELL....Mike, everything depends on what you want your Camaro to be, my 69 droptop is a driver, 350 GM Crate motor 300hp, 700r4 trans, 10 bolt posi rear. Been on the road about 4 years, drive great, but not the prettest on the street. I did most of the mechanicals myself and had it painted here locally. In what condition is your Camaro at this time? and what would you like it to be? Look at my photobucket for pictures on some of my cars........

Thanks Joe, and I'm still waiting for that veiwing of yours haha Jay

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey mike, Sean britzius is doing an ls swap in my 69. He's the most knowledgeable and honest mechanic I know. He owns top gear motorsports in Mesa, az. I wouldn't trust just anyone to work on my baby....check him out!

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Thanks Joe, and I'm still waiting for that veiwing of yours haha Jay
It's getting closer to being on the road :D I am going to buy some fluids for her this week I hope. Then a few more little things I hope to crank her over in the coming weeks. No exhaust just open headers so the neighbors should love me. :D

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hey mike, Sean britzius is doing an ls swap in my 69. He's the most knowledgeable and honest mechanic I know. He owns top gear motorsports in Mesa, az. I wouldn't trust just anyone to work on my baby....check him out!
So you're the one who owns the 69 in his shop.

2nd vote for Sean @ Top Gear Motor Sports. You can call him at his shop at 480-461-0240. Usually he or his dad David will answer.

I lived in Tempe for about 9 years till a few months ago. I now live in San Diego...

·
Registered
51 Posts
So you're the one who owns the 69 in his shop.

2nd vote for Sean @ Top Gear Motor Sports. You can call him at his shop at 480-461-0240. Usually he or his dad David will answer.

I lived in Tempe for about 9 years till a few months ago. I now live in San Diego...
She's my baby...he's also added another mechanic Mario who is top notch as well. You definitely will be glad you called him.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SSCamaroKid: This is what I'm looking for. Big time Thank You! I will definitely contact Top Gear Motorsports. Nice to hear that they multiple repeat customers here on TC.

·
Registered
51 Posts
SSCamaroKid: This is what I'm looking for. Big time Thank You! I will definitely contact Top Gear Motorsports. Nice to hear that they multiple repeat customers here on TC.

No prob def won't be disappointed!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts