Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, just found this site. I have a 1967 Camaro 350ss 4 speed car which has been sitting since the late 70's. It was sitting out in a field near our farm and thats where I got it from.
I restored it back in the early eighties and parked it in our garage. It has been sitting there up until this spring. I have started going through it, I'm finding all kinds of things that were not done properly back them. I'm hoping to use this message board to gather knowledge so I can put this car back to factory spec.

Attached is a pic from 1979 when I first brought it home.

After sitting since the early eighties

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Welcome to the site Dale! Your car looks sweet:thumbsup::beers:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Dale.

Cool transformation! :thumbsup: That paint scheme screamed the '70's, eh?

Are you south or north of Calgary? I sure miss Cow Country.

capt

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the TC Crew, Dale.

Cool transformation! :thumbsup: That paint scheme screamed the '70's, eh?

Are you south or north of Calgary? I sure miss Cow Country.

capt
Thanks, I live just North of Red Deer. I had the car painted by a company called Finishing Point out of Edmonton. At the time they we're a reputable body shop, but by today's standards they wouldn't cut it. There not even around anymore. I've found a lot of missing parts and wrong fasteners that should not have been done. Now that I'm a little wiser I'll do it right.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Thanks, I live just North of Red Deer. I had the car painted by a company called Finishing Point out of Edmonton. At the time they we're a reputable body shop, but by today's standards they wouldn't cut it. There not even around anymore. I've found a lot of missing parts and wrong fasteners that should not have been done. Now that I'm a little wiser I'll do it right.
Was wondering if "David T's" is still operational in Edmonton?

Did you get to the Red Deer gathering this summer?

Must be geting close to that white stuff up there, eh?

capt

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Dale. Nice transformation from ugly duckling to black swan.

·
19,842 Posts
Nice looking 67.... even after sitting for all those years :beers:

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
If you need any photos of "how it was originally" I live in Lethbridge and have a tonne of digital photos as we took mine apart... I'm still working on it but the driveline underside and suspension is now done. Send me a PM if you make it down for "street machine weekend" in July.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the site Dale....... The car takes me back to the 80's. What do you have planned for the car now?
I want to take it back to as original as possible. I'm currently replacing all the nuts, bolts, screws and fasteners that are not correct. The car does not have the original motor. I'm trying to figure out what the correct numbers are. I think it should be Engine code V0119MS block casting number 3892657. Once I'm confident I'll start looking. I currently have the 12 bolt out been restored. I went with 3:42 gears. The original color was G-G Granada Gold, not sure if I will go back to that or not. So far I've rounded up some good NOS parts, I'll keep at it this winter and hopefully next summer I will be driving it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you need any photos of "how it was originally" I live in Lethbridge and have a tonne of digital photos as we took mine apart... I'm still working on it but the driveline underside and suspension is now done. Send me a PM if you make it down for "street machine weekend" in July.
Thanks, I'll probably take you up on that offer at some point.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
I want to take it back to as original as possible. I'm currently replacing all the nuts, bolts, screws and fasteners that are not correct. The car does not have the original motor. I'm trying to figure out what the correct numbers are. I think it should be Engine code V0119MS block casting number 3892657. Once I'm confident I'll start looking. I currently have the 12 bolt out been restored. I went with 3:42 gears. The original color was G-G Granada Gold, not sure if I will go back to that or not. So far I've rounded up some good NOS parts, I'll keep at it this winter and hopefully next summer I will be driving it.
Got a bud in Calgary who had a pretty rare 67 engine for sale, but can't remember if it was a 327 or 350.

He used to race in Cal...then went on to rebuild mills...he did mine.

If interested, get back to me.

Still got some ques in a previous post to you, eh?

capt

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a bud in Calgary who had a pretty rare 67 engine for sale, but can't remember if it was a 327 or 350.

He used to race in Cal...then went on to rebuild mills...he did mine.

If interested, get back to me.

Still got some ques in a previous post to you, eh?

capt
Definately interested if it has a suffix code MS, from what I have found its that MS that denotes 350. My cars production date was January 17 1967 and delivery date to Trudeau Motors in Bellevue Ontario Canada on Jan 19. So the engine build date would be sometime before that. Anything close to that would be ok.

I was at David T's a few weeks ago getting some seat belts. He has aceres of firebird and camaro's from 1967 on. www.davidt.com/

I missed the super run this year, I was out of town working. I heard it was a nice sunny weakend for it and lots of cars.

No snow yet, still in the mid 20 here.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Will try to contact him on the morrow...it's been a couple of years.

I do remember he was holding out for a good $$ because of its rarity, eh?

Will give him a call. He's a straight shooter, and very mill orientated.

Thanks for the up date on my ques.

Also I have a few NOS '67/'68 stuff that I've been hanging onto...smaller parts. Anything you're lookin' for?

capt

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Definately interested if it has a suffix code MS, from what I have found its that MS that denotes 350. My cars production date was January 17 1967 and delivery date to Trudeau Motors in Bellevue Ontario Canada on Jan 19. So the engine build date would be sometime before that. Anything close to that would be ok.

I was at David T's a few weeks ago getting some seat belts. He has aceres of firebird and camaro's from 1967 on. www.davidt.com/

I missed the super run this year, I was out of town working. I heard it was a nice sunny weakend for it and lots of cars.

No snow yet, still in the mid 20 here.
Sorry to say that my bud's sold his motor in the spring...and it was the one that you were looking for, eh? He said that these mills are really getting harder to get up here, but will keep on the look out for one if he comes across one. He might be able to get a 350, but it would not be #'s matching to your year.

There's a few Camaro sources in the Calgary area that might have a lead on one, so check some of the first gen Camaro outlets , or contact the Calgary Camaro Club .

Good luck on your quest.

capt

1 - 20 of 21 Posts