Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello:beers:i own a 1980 camaro rs that went through a frame off restore,it took me over 2 years to complete(almost complete)well to do something like this means a great passion to this car,it's not easy at all being overseas,trying to find parts and info is no joke,i wish i had learned before how to use a pc:sad:,so that i could of got info and tech from you guys,well theres no use of crying over spilled milk...
new motor 383 eagle stroker kit with 4 bolt main block
holley 670 street advenger
mr.gasket headers
flowmaster dual exhaust kit 2.5
all new frontend bushing kit
new front brakes and disks(pump and hosing)
new leaf springs with bushings
new b/m shifter
and alot of other little things that are not very important the car is drivable,but it still has its original tranny in it(th 350)and a one legger rearend,but i have already risolved them problems by having shipped to me a built remanufactered th350 thats supposed to hold up to 750 hp.10 " 2500 rpm stall converter,for the rearend a eaton limited slip 3.42 gears and all new bearings
well hope this car is gonna give me some fun,what do you guys think?
i don't know how to post pictures yet,if theres somebody who can help me i know how to send them email.

ron:waving:

P.S im sorry if i mess up with my english but i don't practice it ever,ive been living in italy for 25 years now

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Welcome!! You've come to the right place for Camaro information. Don't worry about your English. It's better than some of the people here can speak. Enjoy your car. I'm sure you don't see many others like it over there. Caio!!

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ron,
Welcome to Team Camaro. Glad you're here!! I recognized your user name from the Team Chevy Forum(not a whole lot of activity goin on in those forums):(.It's a bummer because those forums could contain a vast amount of expertise and knowledge if people would use them:yes:.I hope the activity picks up on the "Team" site.

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
welcome Ron! Glad to have you...

I was stationed in Sigonella and Naples for a little while a few years back. I LOVE Italian food...:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the crew Ron. Might be going to Sardinia this summer to a wedding over your way, eh? Great car you have there. You must turn a few heads over there as there probably not that many Camaros on your orads.

capt

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i live 40 km. from rome if anybody is gonna come around here let me know,theres always cold beer in the frige...
you bet we turn heads.....

ron

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
well i live 40 km. from rome if anybody is gonna come around here let me know,theres always cold beer in the frige...
you bet we turn heads.....

ron
Thanks for the offer. Beer is great in any country! Hey... what's the price of petrol over your way? We are running around a $1.24 a litre here... and they talk of it going up!:(

capt

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the offer. Beer is great in any country! Hey... what's the price of petrol over your way? We are running around a $1.24 a litre here... and they talk of it going up!:(

capt
wow! here the v power from shell that has a higher octane and cost more than all is 1 euro and 53 cents a liter.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Welcome Ron

Must be fun running a 1980 Camaro on those narrow Rome streets. I have most of my family in Treviso (near Venice) and in Alessandria (between Torino and Genova)...

I might take you up on that cold beer :beers:...when I visit Rome..

Guiseppe..aka Joe

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome Ron

Must be fun running a 1980 Camaro on those narrow Rome streets. I have most of my family in Treviso (near Venice) and in Alessandria (between Torino and Genova)...

I might take you up on that cold beer :beers:...when I visit Rome..

Guiseppe..aka Joe
hello joe,
yeah it is alot of messing with narrow streets,your family is lucky to live in the north of italy,70 percent of all italys american cars are in the north.

let me know for your visit so i will throw in afew more beers.
you got a awesome ride

ron

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
P.S im sorry if i mess up with my english but i don't practice it ever,ive been living in italy for 25 years now
Don't worry about your english :thumbsup: When the spelling/English police show up I am one of the first they put into prison so your not even on the radar l:)

It has to be pretty damn cool to have that 383 American V-8 rumbling around Italy. The super cars that come from that country all sound great but that American V-8 has sound all it's own and when you come down the street your getting as much attention a car that sells for 20 times what your cost :thumbsup:

The one place I want o visit in my lifetime is Italy, we really want to see Venice, the glass blowing they do there is amazing and have some of that famous seafood from the region.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
This thread is from 2008 gents. He was asking me a question about his photos and I answered him here.
;)
Haa never noticed that...:D Ohh well better late than never for a welcome :beers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts