Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I fall into the "Older Generation" group, late 60's.

After 46 years, I finally own a, 69 SS 396 Camaro. The original 396/375 & Muncie M-22, were not with the car, only the original 12 bolt, 4.10 rear end, was with the Camaro.

A complete frame-off, nut & bolt, restoration/modification, will be started 1st of Dec.

Replacing: both full rear 1/4's (the person that had the Camaro, only replaced, the lower sections), both front fenders (each has, a small rusted through spot at the bottom), both doors (no rust), upper & lower A-arms, power booster & master cylinder, gas tank.

Original factory: full rear 1/4's (less lower part), front fenders, doors, 14" rally wheels, upper & lower A-arms, rear glass, Hurst comp shifter, power booster & master cylinder, gas tank -- are for sale!!!!
Have turbo 400 trans (came with Camaro), will sell.

Camaro is not numbers matching (except for rear end).
Bought date correct 427 short block. The short block is being re-built.
Brodix - RR, Oval Port Heads, Edelbrock - Intake & 3606 e-street FI, MSD - 8606 Distributor, Flowmaster - 2", S/S, Ceramic coated Headers & 3", flow back exhaust, will be run.
Suspension: Hotchkis -- tubular A-arms (upper & lower), 1.5 tuned shocks, Frame Rail Connectors.

Coil springs -- I want the front end level (no mushy feel) to the rear, to original factory height. Moog coil springs I am considering: 658A, 6041.
Rear Leaf springs, multi leaf (4, or, 5 leafs), around 225+/- lbs (will level rear to the front).
Could anyone give input on the coil & leaf springs!!

Plan to run:
235/60-R16 on 15X7 rims (3-3/4" back space) front
245/60-R16 on 15X8 rims (4" backspace) rear
Any positive/negative feed back, as to this set up!!

Any suggestions, comments, will be appreciated.
Dean
ph: 318-631-0817
Shreveport, Louisiana 71109.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Hey Dean, Welcome

You might want to also post a new thread of what your wanting to do as far as your suspension question under First Gens "Brakes, Suspension and Steering".

Many knowledgeable members here but not everyone reads the "Welcome Wagon". You'll most likely get more feed back there.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Dean, Welcome

You might want to also post a new thread of what your wanting to do as far as your suspension question under First Gens "Brakes, Suspension and Steering".

Many knowledgeable members here but not everyone reads the "Welcome Wagon". You'll most likely get more feed back there.

Good luck
Thank you,
Dean

·
Super Moderator
32,896 Posts
Welcome, Dean and congrats on your purchase.
My only comment is 16 inch tires won't fit on 15 inch rims...
Plan to run:
235/60-R16 on 15X7 rims (3-3/4" back space) front
245/60-R16 on 15X8 rims (4" backspace) rear
Any positive/negative feed back, as to this set up!!

Any suggestions, comments, will be appreciated.
Dean
Oh. and build for torque.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts