Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there my names Jake and I just got started in the muscle car world about one month ago, however it runs in my veins thanks to my mother and her love of Chevelles. I've taken a liking to Camaro's and purchased a '67 project car back in January. I'm hoping to have it on the road by summertime, then new paint and a big block engine by next winter. Well see you around.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Hey man, I'm in Rhode Island and I've been into muscle cars for about 38 years now, ugh. Used to do most of my street racing in Fall River, MA. Had a lot of fun there, almost every night it was just like that movie "American Graffiti". We never caused any trouble and the cops left us alone, most of the time.

Nowadays, if you go to Fall River and sit in a parking lot, they will give you a $200 ticket, LOL.

BTW, I always ran Chevelles. Had a '67 SS396, then a '69 SS396 375hp, and finally a '64 SS with 454 and nitrous.

-

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Jake..
Welcome to another MA guy! What area are you from....post pics

Dave, I still cruise the "AVE" in fall river and can be from Newport to Swansea, Attleboro etc :) Go to Sams Club is Seekonk and most cruises. Where are you from in RI ...tiverton, portsmith....

Kev

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.:beers:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Jake..
Welcome to another MA guy! What area are you from....post pics

Dave, I still cruise the "AVE" in fall river and can be from Newport to Swansea, Attleboro etc :) Go to Sams Club is Seekonk and most cruises. Where are you from in RI ...tiverton, portsmith....

Kev

Hey Kev, I'm in Middletown, RI.

Yeah, cruising the "Ave", lol. Man, we used to do that every night. I go to a few cruise nights, but it just ain't the same (for me, anyway). I used to thrive on the adrenaline of a good street race. Plus, it was always a bit of a chess match, figuring out who was getting how many cars and how much $$$ the race would be for. Lotta fun.

I'd love to hook up with ya though, for a little cruise, but you gotta be careful on the "Ave" nowadays, as the cops have really cracked down on anything that even sounds fast.

You know Dean Dagesse in Tiverton? He's got a sweet '68, LS2 w/turbo. How 'bout Bill Faria in Portsmouth? He's got an immaculate "69 SS396.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts