Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member and currently working on my first project which is a 69 Camaro Conv 396. Just finished a brake conversion and replaced al the control arm bushings and ball joints. Currently struggling with hooking up a console gauge cluster without a harness soon after that I will be replacing the dash fuel gauge with a tach. I'm electrically challenged and need all the help you all can provide. Please point me in the right direction. :eek:)

Wayne

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Welcome. What part of Michigan? Here's a few pics of the back of the console gauges to get you started...

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome aboard Wayne...when you get to the fuel gauge/tach replacement, you'll need the following template to cut the dash panel. I just did the same update (tach install and console gauge install)! :thumbsup:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome. I responded to your PM.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Thanks for the pics....they will be helpful. I'm in Wixom MI. Just outside of Ann Arbor.
You're welcome. You're about 1/2 hr from me. I'm pretty decent with electrical work and always looking for fellow Camaro lovers, so if you ever want a hand, feel free to give me a holler.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Doug, How will I know if I need both or do I just look at the conversion harness?
I took a quick look at Doug's links. It looks like you would need both unless you already had the factory connector. The factory connector would come out under the ash tray on the trans hump. It sounds like you're starting from scratch though which would mean you would need both sides of the equation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I took a quick look at Doug's links. It looks like you would need both unless you already had the factory connector. The factory connector would come out under the ash tray on the trans hump. It sounds like you're starting from scratch though which would mean you would need both sides of the equation.
getting costly :)

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts