Team Camaro Tech banner

New member from Texas

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  CajunCamRS06 
#1 · (Edited)
Howdy everyone...new member from Tyler, Texas (right outside of Dallas)...I drive and own my neat little 1996 Camaro RS 5-speed with the factory 3.8L V6 and I LOVE it. Nice silver color, pretty much factory everything in it, and I paid about $3,500 for it last April. I'm working on a very limited budget, but I would love to maximize it's performance. I get ridiculous gas mileage out of it, making drives back home to New Orleans monthly and only having to stop for gas when I am 100 miles from my destination...going @ 350 mi. before another fill up. Neat. Any suggestions, experiences, ANYTHNIG that I can learn from everyone here will be rewarded with my eternal gratitude, because after a year, I am Camaro-dumb.

#2 ·
Welcome Brandon......:thumbsup:

I take it your family is from New Orleans...how are things going there. One of the other members on here was going to Marde Gra this week, so some of it must have been repaired.
Glad to see you appreciate your V6....:yes: There isn't a lot of discussion on here about them, but others do own them and may have tips for you.

If you post your questions about the V6 in the "engine" or "performance" forums, you may get a better response than in this forum. Of course some will only tell you to rip the little gas sipper out and install a 450 hp 383, cause they think everybody wants and needs to have the fastest car in the county, but you will get some ideas of what to do with your's.:)

Have fun and enjoy....:D

#7 ·
Haha...thanks all for the fast welcomes...it is MUCH appreciated...about the New Orleans question, we all live there and evac-ed the day before Katrina hit....we are all living here in the lap of the Bible Belt...lol...and about an engine change...was thinking more along the lines of a Chevy 572 maybe? :-D

#9 ·
You poor man....doesn't it suck here? lol

And I like the fact that I have a gas sipper...why be foolish and get 8 MPG when I can get 28 MPG?? :-D

Dollars and sense friends......dollars and sense....:-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.