Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the forum. recently purchased a 67 Camaro Vert. Not at all what I was looking for! Was searching for a 68 - 69 small block coupe. but this was to good to pass up. 33000 miles and very solid survivor except for the repaint. 250hp with 3 on the floor. And it was local. I've owned 4 Camaro's in the past including (3) Z's. 69, 74 and 79.I did add the stripe just today. But it is vinyl and can be removed. Not really sure what my plans are yet? Some say leave it, but not sure yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
399 Posts
New to the forum. recently purchased a 67 Camaro Vert. Not at all what I was looking for! Was searching for a 68 - 69 small block coupe. but this was to good to pass up. 33000 miles and very solid survivor except for the repaint. 250hp with 3 on the floor. And it was local. I've owned 4 Camaro's in the past including (3) Z's. 69, 74 and 79.I did add the stripe just today. But it is vinyl and can be removed. Not really sure what my plans are yet? Some say leave it, but not sure yet.
Nice Rag Top! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
250 HP or CI 6 cylinder?

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Welcome to TC! Nice rides you have there........that Vette tho :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
250hp is the optional 6cyl. L-22. one up from the standard 230hp 6cyl.

Bob
I think you are a little confused between engine size and power.
The optional 6 cylinder engine with a 250 cubic inch displacement has 155 horse power.
The standard 6 cylinder 230 CID has 140 HP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome Bob...is that car a local Western NY car? Nice shape for one. If your looking for opinions I would leave it as is. Make it safe and reliable and drive it. I’m a sucker for survivor type cars. But either way, looking forward to see what you do with it. Take more pics when you get a chance.

·
Super Moderator
32,273 Posts
Welcome, Bob, to the club. Both are nice rides.
Yes, I'm another one for leaving her alone if a survivor, but I respect your decision if she gets upgraded(?) as she is your Camaro.
Either way, enjoy the rides you have. Yes, post more pictures when you can.
Question: throttle linkage rods or cable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all the welcomes! (68 Ragtop) Thanks for the clarification. You are correct, I do get confused easily! LOL

For now It will stay a survivor.

This was an original Rochester car. Purchased from Hallman Chevrolet. Original owner never drove it in the winter and always stored indoors. The body is solid as a rock! I'm happy to be the next caretaker!

Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well your owner was better than mine. My ‘68 Vert is a Niagara Falls car and was driven every day and I mean every day. I bought it in ‘81 drove it for 4 years then parked it for 34 years. It was on the brink of scrapping when I got it. Now I have more time and money so it’s fix it up time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts