Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the infancy of looking for a Camaro to restore, preferably a 67. I had an 79 Z-28 when I was in the Marines, but as luck would have it, a "good friend" got trashed and wrecked it on me! I'm not sure I completely know what I'm getting myself into, but I'm up for a challange. Any advice would be very welcome!

·
Super Moderator
32,355 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Always glad to read of another person joining.

First rule: Make sure you have unlimited funds.
Second rule: Be prepared to spend way more time working/driving on the car more than others allow, i.e., wife/girlfriend come to mind.
Third rule: See the First rule.
Fourth rule: Make a chiropactor appointment every week - this will exercise the jaw better to relieve the smile from driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in North Haledon, Passaic County. Like I said, still in the infancy, but I think as this is my first endevor into this, full restoration might be a little ambitious. My dream is a 67, but anything within 67 - 77 would be acceptable.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Another Jerseyian welcoming you to the BESTcamaro site on the net. The wealth of wisdom and knowledge of those on this site is almost unbelievable. As you are in the early stages of what you will find to be an addiction.........Ask every question (Or use the search function) and it'll be answered. Take your time and learn as much as you can and good luck on your quest to bring another camaro to its glory.

Checked your profile.......That is a sweet 67 (wing windows rule...hehehe) is it your car?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome Tim from So. Cal. :cool: Glad to have you aboard as a member of Team Camaro. Good luck on your hunt for a first gen Camaro. The TC Classifieds section would be a great place to start looking. :waving:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Tim - Welcome! This site is a great source of information and plenty of NJer's here too. Just perpare yourself when buying a car 38+ years old ... As indecated above, it WILL:

1.) cost more then you ever expected
2.) take longer to complete then you ever expected
3.) be more work then you ever exepected
4.) repeat steps number 1 and 2 above
5.) be more fun that you ever expected
6.) repeat step 1 again

Enjoy! :beers:

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
South Jersey here. This is certainly the best 1st gen site out there, for 2nd gens I'd suggest nastyz28.com.

·
Registered
508 Posts
welcome tim......sure we can't sway you to the 69 side if the fence.... although we are on opposite ends of the state, it seems that we nj'ers are getting to be a large group. i'm looking forward to next winters get together since i missed this years. you have found with out a doubt one of the top camaro sites on the web and i'd like to think that the CRG site is really just an extension of this site since most posters are on both sites. good luck with your search and if i can help down here......hit me up
Joe

·
Registered
17 Posts
I grew up here in Pennsville, left , Street-raced in Pottstown, pa. for 14 years in the 80's( I know , I know), now back in pennsville to serve my time with no backyard bodymen near by:-(.

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
Man, Lots of members from New Jersey!! :thumbsup: You guys should meet once a month at the, "Bada Bing" ;) :beers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts