Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I'm Tom and I live in Maryland with my wife and daughter, and I'm a Navy Vet. A family member of mine recently passed down a Camaro to me and I couldn't be more excited, because this a dream come true! There are some minor issues with the car and I will create separate messages for those.

I look forward to participating in the forums and excited to meet new people, who also share a love for these cars. I will also add more photos of the car once I take them. I have to keep the car parked at friends house, since he has a garage and I do not.

-Tom

·
Super Moderator
32,605 Posts
Welcome, Tom, to the Club.
Thank you, Vet, for your service, and also to your family.
Congrats inbeing at the right place at the right time.
Warning: you'll be asked for pictures.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Welcome Tom, congrats on your new Camaro. I presume it is a 69, best year ever made! Don't be shy to ask questions, there is a lot of guys on this forum that have the answers.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome from Fort Erie, ON and thanks for your service!

Tell us the story about your car and we're all looking forward to seeing some photos. Not having your car nearby adds some challenges but what are your plans for your new Camaro?

·
Premium Member
3,716 Posts
Welcome from Texas

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Welcome, Tom. Congratulations on the hand-me-down. All I ever got was my cousins clothes when they outgrew them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I apologize for not answering these sooner, I think I was expecting some type of notification about responses. Thank you all for the warm welcome and I will get some pictures taken this weekend. In regards to what I plan to do with the car, there isn't a lot to do to it really. My aunt had it completely restored, but I will say the guy doing the restoration didn't do the greatest job. There were a couple of issues; the gas gauge was reading half a tank at all times, and the tail lights were staying on. I was able to fix both of those issues and I loved doing it! The power wire coming off of the sending unit was in two pieces and had a taped slice on it (the restorer apparently put a new one on during restoration - I have his receipt). The light issue was due to the brake light switch not making contact with the brake pedal, so the lights would always be on. I am still having an alignment issue with the switch and pedal, but not enough to not make contact. Right now it needs the leaf springs replaced and I would like to convert it to power brakes at some point. Not a major issue though. It also needs a power steering pump for a 350, because my grandfather installed the wrong one and it leaks. One thing that I did notice, was that the trim around the windshield isn't completely snapped in at one spot and I couldn't get it to move. Unfortunately, she had it under a car cover outside in Pittsburg and moisture got under it and caused some corrosion on the chrome (breaks my heart!), so I need to replace the side mirrors and a few other things.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome to the site. Sounds as though you have a very good car to start with. There has been many folks here start with much, much less and end up with a piece of art. Soo yea, you come to the right place to get help. Some of these guys, gals really know what their doing and will help guide you. And last, but not least. Thank YOU for YOUR Service.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts