Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So to start off by saying Camaro’s have been my entire life would be an understatement. My dad bought his 67 from a high school friend when he was 18 and my mom’s first car was her 69 when she was 16. The two cars are ultimately the reason my parents met, and the 69 is the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born. Both cars were my parents’ daily drivers for most of the first decade of my life. Fast forward 30ish years, and I’m proud to say we still own both cars and are actively restoring/rebuilding them both!!

My dad fell in love with the synergy green color GM had on the 5th Gen cars, and has painted his car in that color way. I will include links to his photo albums.

Last spring, we got started on the 69. My car. We are doing 100% of the labor and fab work ourselves to keep costs down (and have the most fun). Currently we are in the metal-working phase, replacing the entire front clip, doors, rear quarters, and tail light section. None of it was super rusty, but had been wrecked previously and was full of bondo.

My car will be mainly a “pro-daily” with modern styling cues, while maintaining a few nods to the old school cool. I will be keeping the carbureted small block, and ditching the TH350 and 4.56’s for an M21.

Build plans/parts on-hand include:

SBC400
Muncie M21
Richmond 3.38’s
Ridetech 4 link
Aldan Coilovers on all 4 corners
Wilwood discs all around
ALL new sheet metal (minus the roof)
DSE minitubs and new outer wheelhousings
18x10.5 ESR CS1’s on 315/35/18’s out back
18x8 ESR CS1’s on 245/35/18’s up front

We will be doing ALL the labor in-house from the metal work to the engine assembly to the paint and body and electrical. I don’t want an interior that looks like it came out of a catalog, so that will likely get outsourced.

These cars have been such an important part of my childhood, I’m so flippin stoked to get it back on the road. Both cars have been sidelined/garaged for the better part or the last 10 years and I took steps to get this project in motion.

Built a shop, gathered tools, and have scheduled the time to work!

I will add pics and try to keep an up to date build thread as we go along.

I’m looking forward to being a part of the community and learning/contributing along the way!!!

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Welcome to TC. Sounds like some good times for you and your dad to share. Best of luck.

·
Super Moderator
33,049 Posts
Welcome to the club.
Nice project and looks in coming along good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts