Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this forum has already helped me quite a bit. I have been a mustang guy for 30 years. I came across a 1967 camaro RS convertible 327 eng that was a 2 owner car the lady that owned it for the last 16 years took care of the car very well. It took me 3 months to get her to sell it to me.

She needed to sell the car but she wanted it to go to a good home so after corresponding with her for 3 months I finally convinced her my wife and I would take care of the car. My current plans with the car are to clean up the engine compartment and upgrade the carb and change over to electronic ignition all of which are almost already done.

After that I want to get under the car and make the underside look as good as the top and finally top it off with a nice magnaflow exhaust system than put the top down and my wife and I intend to enjoy it for the summer.

Oh and for the sake of her peace of mind I may do a power front disc brake conversion. That is about it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,850 Posts
Beautiful car-congrats and enjoy the summer. Love an evening cruise with top down!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Welcome to our addiction. Glad you crossed over to the Bowtie. Mustangs are great if powered by a Chevy motor. LOL

Nice looking vert you got there. :thumbsup:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Ken. She is sure enough pretty. Enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
32,600 Posts
Welcome, Ken.
Glad to see you came to visit from other forums.
As said, 'Enjoy the journey'

·
19,889 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:

Good looking 67 :yes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I still have a few mustangs and will always have one but I have to admit this car has been making me very happy. I think I will buy more in the future I think there is room for mustangs and Camaros in my life.

There may even be room for a GTO or 2 we will see hell my kids can sell them off if they don't want them when im gone.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Beautiful '67! And don't worry - most guys here will appreciate anything classic even if it doesn't have their preferred badge on it. My father-in-law actually has a beautiful '65 fastback; I think my Camaro is more fun to drive (perhaps that's just power steering and brakes, however) and definitely a little cheaper to get parts for, but that one is a lot of fun to wrench on too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts