Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am new to the team. I have a 68 Camaro SS project with the wrong engine, a '71 model 305, I have the opportunity to get a 350 engine with a suffix of TWZ in a straight up trade. My question is.....will I have any issues or regrets if I make this deal and rebuild the 350 for a part time driver/local show car? I am in the process of a frame off restoration and would like to have the correct cid engine in the car. I have a powerglide tranny and 12 bolt rear end. Or should I just get a new/rebuilt crate?
Any ideas,
Mac:beers:
(you can check it out on youtube (enrobria mac)

·
13,756 Posts
What is the condition and specs on the 350?

Get rid of the 305 for sure

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome aboard - I edited you post to embed the video link.
The swap you are looking at codes out to:
suffix year cid H/P BBL Application
TWZ 1978 350 165 4 conv.cab

So it was used in a GMC truck / conv cab application from 1978 so if you looking to get closer to a 68 Chevy block stick with what you have IMHO and keep looking for a truw 68 block used in a Camaro.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Condition of both engines is running and good. Brian nailed the specs. I do not know if anything has been done to either one of them though. I want to put a 350 in her and would love to find one from the correct year just don't think I am going to get that lucky. Thank you for the wonderful welcome and I look forward to talking again.

Thanks for the help with the video embed Brian I have trouble with that kind of thing!!!

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,351 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro. The 68 looks great. My favorite year.
I would trade for the 350. It is more desirable than the 305.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I would go for the crate if u could swing it that saying is u have a warrenty I know u want a numbers matching motor not gonna happen unless u get lucky just my 2$:yes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts