Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My name is KEn Mazer & I'm from Harpers Ferry, WV. My Father-In-Law is restoring a 70 1/2 z28 for my 18 year old son. I'm sure I'll have questions to ask for both of them. Also I'm trying to track down a 68' that my Father-In-Law once owned. Any clues where to start, I have the VIN number but that is all.

KEn

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
First, welcome to Team CAMARO :thumbsup:

As far as traking a giving VIN - your first stop should probably be your local DMV/MVD(or whatever vehilce registration system your state uses) to see if the VIN is still active in their system.
After that, if you strike-out, you may have to contact a Title-Search resource to find any trail of owners.
These services charge a fee to do a comprehensive (their words, not mine ;) ) search of vehicle titles in numerous states until they track down the vehicle - if it's still around ...
I've had a few sucessfull title/document searches done and a few where they ran into a dead-end - the vehicle may still be around, it's just been resold and not titled for many years - or it was stripped and abandonded - or it was crushed and the paperwork was never properly filed - or ...

Good luck on your project and wish you luck in finding you dad's car someday :yes:

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts