Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New member here long time camaro owner. I have a 1968 SS as far as I can tell, I've owned the car since 1986 and from what I can remember I am the 3rd owner. I am 99% sure that my car is a big block but with out the orig. mill in it I just don't know. I have done some research and here's what I found. The car is setup as a big block, when I bought the car it had a Pontiac 389 in it, kind of odd, right now it has a 283 in it. The car has the matching 4sp Muncie wide ratio m20 trans and 12 bolt multi leaf rear (3.26 ratio) big block heater core, clutch linkage and rear brake line pressure regulator valve. the car has drum brakes and no console. Right now the car needs a frame up resto as all the usual stuff is rusted but as usual I neither have the time, money or garage space to do it but you never know, I just got the itch again to do something with it. I would really, I mean really like to find the orig motor for this car, thats a whole other project in itself, I'll post on that later. I'll get some pics posted soon.

I just found this site a few days ago and I am very impressed with what I've seen here. Great to be a member.

Dan

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
Welcome to team camaro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts