Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Ive been following this site for a while now and decided it was time to join. I have a 69 pace car that I have had since 1978. It was an OHIO car so the salt had already taken its toll on the body. I purchased all NOS parts at the time(They were actually relatively cheap back then) and replaced most of the body panels except the doors and the hood. As I was in high school at the time, I didnt do everything the way it should have been done.

The car has been sitting for the last 30 plus years and I have decided to go through it again and do everything right this time. It has been disassembled down to basically a windshield frame and I have been slowly acquiring the parts to restore it. There was rust in areas that I Originaly ignored and those areas came back to haunt me now. I am aware of the need for pics around here and I plan on starting a thread on the restoration soon.

It is obvious that there is a wealth of knowledge monitoring this site
Thanks in advance for all of the help and advise that I know I will need.:beers:
I am new to forums in general so I know I will have questions !

·
Premium Member
12,511 Posts
Hey Mark
I have been contemplating going down to the frame on my Z11 myself. Back in 1982 when I bought and restored mine I had never heard the phrase rotisserie let alone make one. I've been working on the interior so my living room looks like Halloween houndstooth.

Drop some pictures when you get a chance. What options and drive-train is yours sportin?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Brian
I know what you mean. I have a unused bedroom upstairs devoted to Camaro parts. I just Went to the local Steel supply and came home with materials for a Jig/dolly Yesterday.
The original motor and trans is long since gone. Current motor and trans is a 454 and TH400. Would like to find a 396 to go back in but they are somewhat scarce and pricey.
Original 12 bolt 3.08, Factory a/c P/s P/w P/top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts