Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whiplash67
I have a 67 camaro with 572 bb 4 speed trans 12 bolt by mosor.
I need to narrow the rearend for wider tires, how wide should I go ?
How much do you narrow the housing, and can you still use the stock springs?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are they stock type rims? How wide are you looking to go? My 68 is old school with 15x10 centerline rims N50-15 M/T's tires. I don't remember the offset of the rims but the fit under the car with stock rear 12 bolt.

Steve,

·
19,900 Posts
Are they stock type rims? How wide are you looking to go? My 68 is old school with 15x10 centerline rims N50-15 M/T's tires. I don't remember the offset of the rims but the fit under the car with stock rear 12 bolt.

Steve,
Stock wheel well is only 12", So I guess yours in mini-tubed ?

Anywho, to answer the OP's question....

Not sure about this, but thinking about a 2" mini-tub is close to about it since you run into the rear frame rails.
A 2" mini-tub wouldn't require to narrow the rear either....unless you wanted to.

I have a buddy running 8.4X @ 150+ with just 295/65/15's on his Nova 565 and a big shot of giggle gas and I think it's only a mini-tub.
Just to compare. So I think you would be good ?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Welcome to Team Camaro!

1 question: If it's a 67 why does it have 68 tail lights?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Whiplash67
I have a 67 camaro with 572 bb 4 speed trans 12 bolt by mosor.
I need to narrow the rearend for wider tires, how wide should I go ?
How much do you narrow the housing, and can you still use the stock springs?
Have you looked into a Detroit speed and engineering mini tub kit? They also sell a narrowed gas tank and you can get offset shackles to deal with the springs.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When I have Sold our Torque Arm Kits with a 9" Housing, I have had Customers have us Build the Housing anywhere from 54.25" to 58.50". Of course the other Factors are MiniTubs & Wheel Offsets.

Hope this helps.

TC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts