Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined. Just started restoring a 69 SS/RS z10 Camaro. I am the third owner. Bought it from my brother who bought it in '74. Needs a lot of work. This will be a father/son job. Want to keep it as original as possible, but it will not be a concourse type of car, but a very nice driver, hopefully. It is 141 on Kurt's registry. The plan is to get it running and inspected. Drive it for a year or so, and then restore it, while on a limited budget.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Welcome, Carl! Best of luck on your father/son project. Time spent working together will be priceless.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Welcome Carl. It will be nice to follow your progress.

As a paying member you can upload pictures directly within your posts. Click on the Go Advanced button then scroll down to the Attach files section and click the Manage Attachments button, that will open the attachment management window as a pop-up.

Then in that window click one of the Browse for the photo on your local hard drive, or enter the URL from your photo share site, then click upload and done. The pictures will display as a self expanding thumbnail in your post.

You can also use the image tags option if your photos are hosted off site.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Brian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brian. I think I need to go to a PC. I don't think this software likes Macs or IPads.

·
Premium Member
3,718 Posts
it will need a little work.
Welcome, but way understated. The deeper you get the more you will see what it really needs.

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Well we have all seen or had much worse. That seat is going to be rough :)

But seriously this is the best community for first gens. No matter what you find someone here will know what you need to do and how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
Ok, had to go to a pc to download. Here are a few photos. As I said, it will need a little work.
It'll buff right out. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
It'll buff right out. :D
I agree! That pass fender should buff right out! haha!! It is cool to see cars in their original state though. I see one at an indoor car show here in Cincy and it is a survivor pace car with faded paint, rust spots etc, but it is SO cool to see it in original condition! Looks like you have a good starting point! Have fun with it!!!

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Brian. Our plan is to get it running and inspected, and drive it for a year or so as a rat rod. Then, tear it completely down. Maybe in that year I can save up some money. I agree it looks rough, but it's a bad ***.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts