Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my name is julian. from san antonio texas. just purchased a 68 camaro. it needs alot of work but it will get there eventually. gonna be on the forum looking for advice soon.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
How's it going Julian. Welcome to the forum. Advice and suggestions are here and quite a few great members to assist. Correct year though. 68's rule.... Enjoy the journey

·
19,792 Posts
Welcome to TC :beers:
Another 68 on the site :D...get some pics up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here's a few pics currently working on why tail lights aren't working..dammmit...rusted big time need to replace both quarters and roof at the very least. Interior looks fine. Bet u guys can't guess what motor it has...still has me scratching my head.

·
19,792 Posts
motor pics ?

Not a bad starting point ;)

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Welcome, Julian.
Correct year and a good starting point for the project of rejuvenating it.

I would say, since the front end is level, it has a small block engine.
A 10-bolt rear axle, maybe, but rear leaf springs - not bad.
If you want to know what the actual engine is, or started out to be from the General, give us a picture of the engine code on the front of the engine passenger side just in front of the cylinder head - if a V8. Six cylinder engine are passenger side right behind the water pump on a pad.

Advice: when starting your project, take plenty of pictures before for reference later and start a logbook recording any changes you make, any parts you buy, and buy a AIM - Assembly Instruction Manual. Or download one for guidance.

Can't warn you about being nabbed for pictures as you already been gigged.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its got a Pontiac 400 in it with tri power carb set up. It was originally a 327. I'm in the process of getting a hold of the original owner to find the original block..yea like I said still has me scratching my head....but I got a real good deal on this car. And it runs has ac. Just need to fix exterior and get the brake lights working for now.

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
Quite the change of events here.
Brake light power circuit, this may help.
Ensure good grounds on the bezels to tail panel and socket into bezels.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
32,354 Posts
How big was the shoehorn?
Are there access holes in the fenderwell (inner fender) for changing pass side spark plugs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How big was the shoehorn?
Are there access holes in the fenderwell (inner fender) for changing pass side spark plugs?
I didnt even think to change the plugs from the fender area...i just took the compressor out. lol plenty of room to change the plugs I GUESS i could have changed them from the bottom too...if i really had to

1 - 20 of 20 Posts