Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I just joined in to share in the fun! I own a 1969 Camaro SS396 that was raced as a brand new car by Bill Izykowski in NHRA SS/H. Bill was class at the NHRA Winternationals the three previous seasons before building the car I now own. He specifically chose this car because of the 350hp so it would fall into the same class as 325hp cars. he named the car "Super Paranoia", hence my name here on the site. I showed the car recently at the GM Nationals in the Solid Lifter showroom display and at the York U.S. 30 Reunion just a few weeks ago. My plan is to gather all the necessary vintage speed parts and return the car to as-raced condition. The car now has 977 original miles! More to come........

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Welcome aboard Team Camaro. Nice back story on your ride.

·
20,096 Posts
Great story, super low miles, and a vintage racer.....very cool :beers:

Welcome to TC :D

·
Super Moderator
32,892 Posts
Welcome, Dave,
I see you've been nabbed for pictures.
Good quest you have in front of you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before I frustrate myself trying to add pictures, (kind of kidding, but I will give it my best) I should tell a little more of the story. After the car ran the summer of '69, and winning some Super Stock events, it was sold as Bill Izykowski took a driver position for the NHRA World Champions Scotto & Blevins. The new owner, Barry Curran, changed the engine to a 427, repainted the car, and ran B/S under the name "Shangri-La". Barry campaigned the car for a while at local tracks like Cecil County, Maple Grove, Numidia, and then sold it so he could run a '67 Chevelle in SS/I as "Super Shangri-La".
Gotta run for now, but I'll be sure to check back and continue with the timeline of the racing days.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Welcome aboard...I saw the car at Carlisle. Great find and if you have problems posting pics just email one of us and we'll give you a hand!:beers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I may just have to do that. I was able to post the two, and then things went haywire! Not hard to believe considering my computer skills. These two were done with my phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, for some reason I can not post pictures. I can on some other sites that I visit pertaining to my other cars, but I get a notice saying I'm over my limit. HELP!!!! I've only posted two pictures and I am over my limit????
Please explain.........

·
Registered
141 Posts
just a guess, You took pics of old pics, so they can be put on the net. Check your pixel setting on your digital, bet file size is too large for site B-width. Just a guess as I say? Re-take pic with lower pixel setting or use a photo editing service to change the size.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts