Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1968 Camaro which has been rebuilt from the ground up and is very nice but it has a 2 speed auto transmission that I want to replace with a 5 speed manual transmission and change the gear as well. Is there anyone on this site that can tell me what transmission might be best and what rear end gear I should purchase and better yet does anyone have either for sale?

·
11,454 Posts
Welcome Jack! There are sponsor pages from companies that sell transmission packages and want ad classified here on the site. I would take a look. The rear gear question is a little tougher, because no one answer is good for everyone. It depends on the model transmission and what you want to get out of it, real performance? mileage and decent performance, or a cruiser?

·
Super Moderator
32,893 Posts
Welcome, Jack
Correct year and I read you've been gigged for pictures.

·
Premium Member
6,411 Posts
Welcome!

If you find a cheap way to do your swap let me know but from what I've seen that's about a $2k job.

I, too, have an anemic power glide. I'm going with a junkyard 200r4. From what I've priced up that swap will run me about $550. I'd prefer a manual but $1,500 can be used in so many better ways...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts