Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody!

Long time lurker and first time Camaro owner. 1968 here and looking to just learn about these cars and create a nice cruiser.

thanks,
Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,550 Posts
Your 68 looks great Dave. Welcome to the site.

Maybe we’ll see you at MCACN.

Roger

·
Vendor
585 Posts
Welcome aboard, Dave! Thanks for joining us. Your Camaro looks beautiful. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Come back often and post up your progress!

·
Super Moderator
32,338 Posts
Welcome, Dave, to the club. And Yes you have the correct year.
Just a warning, you;'ll be asked for more pictures of her.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!! Yes, I hope to make it to some of the Chicago area events. The car has been sitting for a long time so, I am battling leaks from the steering pump, oil pan(maybe rear main) and I want to do a 4spd swap so, I need help with parts and minor instruction. I also have some strange thing where my intake is leaking coolant through the intake bolts?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Welcome aboard.
How long was it sitting?

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard.
How long was it sitting?

5-6 years but, I was told it was started. The brake master started leaking as I think the seals had a memory. I changed it, bled it and now I have brakes again, which is nice :smile2:

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wire wheel the bolt threads and clean with brake cleaner or lacquer thinner, etc. As a precaution
do one bolt at a time to avoid an intake leak. Welcome aboard.

Thanks! They are ARP bolts. Is there a repair guide on this site for torque vales and such?

·
Registered
Al - Waterloo, Iowa
4,152 Posts
Thanks! They are ARP bolts. Is there a repair guide on this site for torque vales and such?
No guide here that I've seen. ARP has their own specs for some applications so I would search for that.
Use a drop of oil under the bolt head to avoid possible galling with the intake.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No guide here that I've seen. ARP has their own specs for some applications so I would search for that.
Use a drop of oil under the bolt head to avoid possible galling with the intake.

Thanks Al. I'll check ARP's site for specs.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you make it, I will be around the Mod Top Camaro someplace in the Veterans display.

Roger
As of right now, I don't see why I can't make it. Do you know of any worthy swap meets coming up or is it basically wait for next year?

·
Premium Member
19,550 Posts
As of right now, I don't see why I can't make it. Do you know of any worthy swap meets coming up or is it basically wait for next year?
With the winter weather come, I don’t believe you’ll see any swap meeting until next spring.

Roger

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
With the winter weather come, I don’t believe you’ll see any swap meeting until next spring.

Roger

Is there an active camaro group around here? I need to network and find some 4spd parts.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts