Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just inherited a 1968 SS/RS 350 4 speed convertible, black over white with a red interior and complete. It is an all-stock survivor that has been in the family for 40 years but it needs restoration as it has been sitting neglected for over 25 years. I'm looking forward to the resto journey and welcome feedback for resources and what I should be looking for as research and tear into this car.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks like a fairly solid candidate for a resto. I would like to see the engine bay with all the dust cleaned up... hell with a bit of maintenance and detail work it looks like it could be driven as a survivor - maybe something to consider before tearing it apart and committing to a multi-year restoration process. Is that a red N30 steering wheel I spot? Red interiors are great but that steering wheel is the icing on the cake and pretty uncommon from what I've seen - would love more photos of the interior.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
If the top is original, it would be great to get a close up picture of the rear plastic window marking, if it has one at a bottom corner. Nice car, have fun with it.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Pretty good looking car, and welcome to the site! Step one is to give it a good bath/cleaning, and then see what you've got. It might surprise you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts