Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The consensus seemed to be stay away from Skip White because of junk parts.

Use places like Shafiroff, Nyes, CNC.

I came across this place, HOt Rod Company | eBay Stores. I know it is ebay but he does have a shop and it happens to be near me so I could put eyes and hands on the motor before buying it. I got this reply when I asked about parts he uses(I think spell check took over on some of these);
We use brand new GM four bolt main blocks with main studs, Scat steel Kranks 3.75 stroke, forge free-floating I-beam rods, Keith black flattop pistons, hasting file fit rings, king racing bearings, melon oil pump and pick up tube, double roller time in chain, fill pro gaskets, aluminum timing cover, trick flow cam shaft brawler carburetors full roller rockers roller cam shaft by trick flow

With the reputation shops that dyno it is obviously better than not and the motor will be top performing when I get it versus having to install it(no non-chasis dynos near me) and then have it dyno tested/adjusted.

My current HP thought is the 500-550 range, mainly street driving with the occasional lead foot action.
Looking at the TKO and a 9" in the rear.

Thoughts, experience, references, etc

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
592 Posts
I have heard that about Skip White but only from one or two people and then it didn’t seem to be followed up with any specifics. When I went to his website, it seemed the parts mentioned were name brand stufff. Maybe not top of the line hard core races stuff, but the typical things you heard being used. Dart blocks, Scat cranks and rods. Exception maybe being the heads. So, I wonder what those comments are specifically based on. They do mention on their website there is an eBay store with a similar name that is actually someone else.

·
Premium Member
1,202 Posts
Many on here have bought from and recommend BluePrint Engines. They use quality parts and have several turn key engine combinations available that all come with great warranties. The have both big and small block motors as well as LS engines. I personally would not buy an engine from someone on eBay let alone a no name that may have a questionable history.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
592 Posts
Yeah, I like my BPE 355

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
All of the misspelled words makes me wonder about the product . It's a business and somebody there should be reading what they write.

Reactions: ctcz28 and Mom's68

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Blueprint, other than a few 383 combos, are 16 weeks out IF parts are available.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All of the misspelled words makes me wonder about the product . It's a business and somebody there should be reading what they write.
I agree.

I presumed spell check took over and/or it was voice to text. Also, some people just can spell.

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
I agree.

I presumed spell check took over and/or it was voice to text. Also, some people just can spell.
I have a problem with spelling too. I run most of my big letters/emails by my 12 year old daughter.

Reactions: jimnecci

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
592 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
592 Posts
Where did you see the misspelling?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yea, as Forest Gump might say, "you never know what your gonna get", ordering from ebay or other individual that you can't actually lay eyes on the product. With that said, and even though you probably won't lay eyes on these either, I would go with blueprint or buy a crate engine from GM if I were looking for a block or complete engine. Their complete long blocks carry pretty good warranties which will usually time out before the mileage is reached.

·
Registered
1968 Camaro SS Clone
592 Posts
well according to the plant manager for Blueprint, they are...about :20 seconds into the video...."our blocks are made in the USA, cast in the midwest..."..

My 357 is a new block

There may be some exceptions but those were not identified in the video
Their website currently states some some of the lower end SBCs use seasoned blocks. They are all listed as sold out currently so maybe they are discontinuing them.

Reactions: Mom's68

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Made in the USA, I bet some of you guys are driving foreign car companies where the "made in usa" profits go back to the countries origin! BPE or GM for sure.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Yeah I have read the same 411 on BP site about "seasoned" blocks. When I called tech there about some build specs my motor had that is when I was advised my motor was in fact a "new" cast block ( I assumed it was a rebuilt motor) which they had been doing for some time but their website 411 had yet to be updated. It was after that call that I saw the video I linked which was posted in another thread on this site so it appears BP has moved to new blocks

I have also heard Blueprint is building its own foundry in Nebraska

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
The OP said it's on eBay, but not far from him. He could go and check them out. I think he stated that.

Reactions: Mom's68

·
Premium Member
4,228 Posts
Reactions: allanjs
1 - 20 of 51 Posts