Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What Type of cam profile would this engine have ?
Would it have a lopey idle?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Performer RPM 9.5:1 Compression
410 HP, 408 ft/lbs of Torque

The foundation is a GM ZZ cast-iron short block with 4-bolt mains
Edelbrock RPM aluminum cylinder heads with 64cc combustion chambers and 2.02''/1.60'' valves
New flat-top hypereutectic pistons
PM connecting rods with a forged steel crankshaft
MSD Pro-Billet distributor
Crane red anodized aluminum roller rocker arms
Edelbrock racing valve covers
Performer RPM camshaft that's matched to the compression ratio, manifold and carb for maximum power from 1500 to 6500 rpm
Non-EGR Performer RPM #350-7101 or RPM Air-Gap #350-7501 manifold
Edelbrock Performer Series square-bore, electric choke, 800 cfm carburetor
Edelbrock Performer-Link timing chain set
Milodon high volume oil pump assembly and oil pan

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Ok, I will bite.

At 64 cc heads and flat-tops, you will be very close to 10.25 to 1 CR. so maybe just about max. for average premium pump gas even and aluminum heads.

The E-Brock cam should help compression bleed off some so is OK even if it is kinda old cam tech.

And yes, it will cackle some which is what I expect you want..

I personally would opt for a solid cam of about 230 or so, (maybe 235), and as high a lift as I can get all on about 110/106 centers b/c it will make more grunt down low and in the middle as well as rpm higher, all of which will help move your car faster overall!!!

As always, jmho... pdq67

PS., check out Ultradyne's smaller SB solid cams on the top of the page an I expect you will find one just about what I am talking about...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I think the RPM cam has during like 236*/242* or something huge like that. Just a bit bigger than I would personally want.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I will try to take a stab at this...im only 16 but i had the Perf RPM cam in my 350 before, i had really low compression and a powerglide so it really stunk, the specs are 234/244 .488/.510 , stall is prolly really recommended so good luck!
Adam

and if i remember the idle was really lopey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts