Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up today. I'm 62, more of a Harley guy these days. I have a 69 that is a Z-clone in appearance, but real mild drive train. 4-bolt 350 with flat top pistons, early 'power pack' heads, cast iron intake with 585cfm
Holley 4-barrel. Wide Ratio MT20 Muncie 4-speed, Original 10-bolt with 3.08 gear. Drum brakes on all 4 corners, mono-leaf rear springs. Laugh, but I drove from OKC to Wichita, KS for an antique cycle event and averaged 24.2 mpg (I was seriously trying for my best mpg)
I bought it in March of 1978 from the original family, after one offspring drove it to college for 6 years. Was not a straight panel left! When I drove it home the oil light never went out, the 307 was done.
In 1981 it was redone, not restored as changes were made. Replaced both rear quarter panels, Hood (w/cowl induction type) Trunk lid, rear panel, reskinned driver door, new grille and Z emblems. Car was painted with lacquer, and has really faded & dried out :(
Any time I get urge to sell, someone laments they had one long ago and wished they had not sold. 'poof' urge to sell over. Kids will inherit, they might sell.

·
19,907 Posts
Welcome to TC....Nice looking ride Dwight :beers:

I fixed your pic post...just copy the URL code (click it) on the right hand side on Photobucket ;)

As for selling.....:noway: don't do it l:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts