Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings

I'm a long time lurker but just a recent 67 RS/SS owner. She's rough but I have big plans.... Speaking of which, can someone point me towards the correct forums in which to discuss LS engine swaps and fuel injection, etc.? I know a lot of it is happening here but I'm a little flummoxed regarding where to look and where to post. I'm currently struggling with trying to envision how to drive mechanical gauges with a computer controlled fuel injected modern drivetrain in place-- I'm sure others have tread these same paths already.... And for what it is worth, I absolutely respect the originality crowd and love everything there is to love about a First Gen Camaro but that's just not the path I've chosen to pursue with my car.... Thanks in advance and I hope to learn a lot and hopefully contribute some, some day, as well.

Steve

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,394 Posts
Greetings

I'm a long time lurker but just a recent 67 RS/SS owner. She's rough but I have big plans.... Speaking of which, can someone point me towards the correct forums in which to discuss LS engine swaps and fuel injection, etc.? I know a lot of it is happening here but I'm a little flummoxed regarding where to look and where to post. I'm currently struggling with trying to envision how to drive mechanical gauges with a computer controlled fuel injected modern drivetrain in place-- I'm sure others have tread these same paths already.... And for what it is worth, I absolutely respect the originality crowd and love everything there is to love about a First Gen Camaro but that's just not the path I've chosen to pursue with my car.... Thanks in advance and I hope to learn a lot and hopefully contribute some, some day, as well.

Steve
Look in the Pro-Touring forum here, at Pro-touring.com, Lateral-G.net and the Conversions and Hybrids forum at LS1tech.com. Why mechanical, are you planning on using the factory gauges?

·
Premium Member
2,751 Posts
I cannot believe how many posts I've seen from folk in Santa Clara lately?:cool: Is this town gettin' that big?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, everyone! It is awesome that you guys troll the Welcome board and actually respond to people.

Mkelcy, yes, I guess that I was planning on using the factory gauges, since my car is a console/gauge car, but it is also out of ignorance of alternatives that I was heading in that direction. Are there folks making reasonable facsimile console gauges that are elctronic and compatible with today's computer-control?

3forme, maybe the Valley is starting to recover a little bit, and old farts like me who stumbled in to some stock options through no apparent skill or ability are starting to see a little light at the end of the tunnel and wish to live out old fantasies? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.... I don't see that many 1st Gens rolling around but I always have my eyes peeled. I think I need to visit a few shows and steal a few ideas from those who have gone before....

I'll definitely check out the other Forum referrals and once again, thanks a lot!

Steve

·
Gold Lifetime Member
4,394 Posts
Thank you, everyone! It is awesome that you guys troll the Welcome board and actually respond to people.
We're not quite that diligent. In the banner at the top of the page there's a "New Posts" button. Click on it and you'll see new posts since (I think) your last visit.

Mkelcy, yes, I guess that I was planning on using the factory gauges, since my car is a console/gauge car, but it is also out of ignorance of alternatives that I was heading in that direction. Are there folks making reasonable facsimile console gauges that are elctronic and compatible with today's computer-control?
Autometer makes a set that fits the console nicely, but they're round 2 1/16" gauges rather than the original rectagular appearing gauges. Classic Industries makes a repro set that's electric except for the oil pressure gauge. Myself, I'm not a big fan of mechanical oil pressure gauges but you can easily hook one up to an LSx engine.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you, Mike. the car is a '67 so round gauges might fit the bill--I'll be sure to check them out. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
32,340 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Steve. I hope you enjoy your membership here.

There are a couple members here who have done the swap, one ongoing now and you might check in Engines forum.
Not a bad looking ride, '67 with Deluxe interior, 4-spd, LeMans blue, er, at least the door jams are. Rest of the car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts