Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself on this forum.

I'm Scott and I recently purchased a 1967 Camaro Base model L30/M20 code although the original trans was replaced with a Tremec 5 speed. The car is still mainly original other than a few "bolt on" parts that make it a RestoMod style. As far as I can tell, I'm the third owner of this Central Coast Ca car built in Van Nuys in June 1967. This car was on BAT and I know several of you commented on the car during the auction.

I appreciate the knowledge of the people on this site and have used their shared information several times as I learn about the car and enjoy it almost daily. Thanks to everyone who posts both questions and answers here. It helps the rest of us as we experience the world of First Gen Camaros.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,656 Posts
Welcome to the site Scott. Your 67 looks great, looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Roger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Working on adding a few pics...but the system tells me I only have 2 posts so I can't have a link in my reply (eliminating the ability to "attach and image" and the pics in my album are too big drag and drop I guess. If anyone knows how to look at the album in my profile, I have several photos of the car.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm excited to have another car to tinker with.

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,581 Posts
Welcome From Texas! If you create your "Garage", you can put a lot of pics in there that everyone can see. You can see the link in my header profile.

Brett....

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,581 Posts
Scott, I don't see "Garage" in your profile. Maybe it will show up when you get to 10 posts....

Brett....

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome Scott!

I remember your car form the BaT auction discussion. The special paint code is an interesting tidbit about your new ride.

Have you considered obtaining the original dealer info from the NCRS / GM Heritage center? For $50 you get the original selling dealer and production date. Could be interesting to find out if the special date code correlates with known info about the Calfornia dealers and special orders. I believe Dana Chevy ordered alot of orange cars, for example.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Scott, I don't see "Garage" in your profile. Maybe it will show up when you get to 10 posts....

Brett....

Brett, I'll have to work on that. I don't see it either, but I do have an "album" that appears to be public. I feel like a low tech guy in a high tech world sometimes. :grin2:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome Scott!

I remember your car form the BaT auction discussion. The special paint code is an interesting tidbit about your new ride.

Have you considered obtaining the original dealer info from the NCRS / GM Heritage center? For $50 you get the original selling dealer and production date. Could be interesting to find out if the special date code correlates with known info about the Calfornia dealers and special orders. I believe Dana Chevy ordered alot of orange cars, for example.

Hey Gordon,

Yes, this car was discussed at some length on this site regarding the BaT auction. The previous owner was friends with the grandson of the original owner and purchased the car from the original family after they had started to strip off the paint and restore it. I'm guessing that the paint color was not the standard gold offered by GM at that time, but the cowl tag code indicates a custom color. The owner I bought from remembers it being a gold color in places that hadn't been stripped.

I do like the idea of buying the NCRS info on the car. I didn't know that was available so thank you for the info. Even though it appears that I'm only the third owner, the original manual and Protecto plate were not retained by the original owner. The cool thing about this car is it started out in my town and now has returned here.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
99 Posts
Scott,

I'm also only the 3rd owner of my LA built - Bay area sold L30/M20 RS. I found mine here in Texas after the 2nd owner moved here a couple of years back. He didn't keep the protecto plate or stickers either, must have been something people just didn't think about back then - it was just a car after all. My interest in these 67 L30/M20 cars comes mostly from the Camaro Research Groups great article on the model, have a look here if you haven't read it yet:

CRG Research Report - The L30/M20 Camaro

-Gordon

Hey Gordon,

Yes, this car was discussed at some length on this site regarding the BaT auction. The previous owner was friends with the grandson of the original owner and purchased the car from the original family after they had started to strip off the paint and restore it. I'm guessing that the paint color was not the standard gold offered by GM at that time, but the cowl tag code indicates a custom color. The owner I bought from remembers it being a gold color in places that hadn't been stripped.

I do like the idea of buying the NCRS info on the car. I didn't know that was available so thank you for the info. Even though it appears that I'm only the third owner, the original manual and Protecto plate were not retained by the original owner. The cool thing about this car is it started out in my town and now has returned here.

Thanks,
Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts