Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a Pace car today...just wondering if it is in the data base. Currently located in Lakewood, CO was in Missouri from at least 1986 - till 2006.

ST 69 12467 NOR27145 BDY
720 50A PNT
02D Z11

Vin 124679N611941

One question....where the rivets are on the cowl tag seem to have been drilled. The collar of the rivets are there, but the centers are missing. You can see through the firewall where the rivet centers are suppose to be filled in. Anything questionable here?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additional info on the car:

Non-matching 350.
Tilt wheel
No gauge cluster on console
no clock
badged 350
car is a low 4 or possible 3 high 3, (was parked in a "barn" since 1986)
Proportion valve is on frame rail under driver side door
No tag on radiator
Multi - leaf rear - 10 bolt
Cowl induction flapper system missing
Missing lower reverse lights, (might have new sheet metal there - pretty rusty)

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Thats a pretty early Pace Car. Is it on the list of cars at the race?

·
Registered
873 Posts
It's not one from the race, VIN is 611941. I looked at the car on the 6th. He is asking $39,000, needs a lot of work for that money. No gauges, no power top, no cocktail shakers in the trunk either. I would have sworn it had a 12 bolt though, guess I should have put my glasses on. Here's a (bad) pic of the tag:

·
Registered
873 Posts
Good catch Bill, it probably does have a power top. Heck, I thought it had a 12 bolt. I looked through my pictures, can't see the switch area, but for sure the windows are manual. I've looked at so many cars and pictures of cars in the last month, I can't keep them straight. Good thing somebody is writing this stuff down.

Put me in coach, I'm OK, really!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He told me 39,000 also. - Bill, you could be right. When I saw the car it was in the garage...I was in a suit kneeling on a piece of wood trying not to get too dirty. I thought for sure it was a 10 bolt....but you might be right. He called me again today to follow up on looking at it. I havent called him back yet....not interested. He tried to tell me you could put 10,000 into it and have a real nice 8+ car. I cant believe it. You saw it - I think all panels probably needs to be replaced - interior seemed as though it was in a flood. Did you notice it was missing RS reverse lights...but had RS tail lamps?

·
Registered
716 Posts
It's not one from the race, VIN is 611941.

To my understanding, all documented Festival Committee cars were 02D, no others. We have roughly 1/3 of the VINs of these cars that were delivered.
If the car was hammered over the years,like most were, the gauges, tach, could of easily been removed before people started to realize these car's importance.
www.camaropacecars.com

·
Registered
873 Posts
ccm: I didn't notice the backup lights, I guess I was stunned. It's cool to see an old car like that but at that price I just couldn't get my mind in the right place to be thinking about what was right and wrong about it. I do think the quarters were replaced at one time, the welds under the door edge trim weren't factory. The tail panel has serious rust below the tailights and is caved in about 2" in the center.

Bigblock: I guess I meant to say it's not on the list of VINs, but I also thought that the VIN is too high to be a Festival Car. The highest number on the Indy list is 610726, right? So this one is 1215 cars later, or roughly a day and a third later. Interesting. Are there any documented Pace cars in the database that have a lower number than 611941 but higher than 610726?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts