Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car runs great but when you first hit the gas to go she sputters a for a second or two then goes. or when you get to a good cruising speed and the rpms drop when iit downshifts it tugs a little. what would make her do that? i just put on plugs wires cap rotor- would a loose o/2 sensor cause it? or fuel filter? moisture in cap?what do u guys think?:beers:

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's been a while since I messed with a TBI setup but; sounds like you need to clean the injectors in the throttle body. If memory serves me correctly, there is a cleaner that comes in a can that you screw to the back of the throttle body and it cleans the injectors as it sprays. Like I said, it's been a while. I think it's done with the engine idling.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry for aall the threads im just trying to get some questions answered im pretty poor and have never been to a shop and this place saves my butt cause i do all my own work and they can be tricky.
anyways car finally threw a code for a bad tps and air temp sensor. so everyone said it was tps. changed. still does the same thing. im quickly running out of options! what do you think about it being out of time ? any suggestions for tbi engine timing? im getting mad at all this technolohy crapola- im about ready to tear out all this smog crapola and smog pump, tbi and make it a bare bones 305 carbureted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts